2007 Four Continents Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2007 Four Continents Gala

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Here it is - and gorgeous. She's in command and skates like a woman who knows she's beautiful. Lovely to see a "power skater" with such musicality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW6q_Ydato8

ETA: Sorry, iloveaxel - just realized you added it at the top of the thread.

LOL. I actually started to warm up to Joannie this season. I really love, love her back, it's just so straight. But i do get frustrated over her inconsistency. This is perhaps the common fault of most Canadian skaters, superb basic skills, but lack of technical ability.

I just watched Evan's exhibition. Nice skating, but did he have to use Ave Maria? Yuck. His skating had nothing to do with the music whatsoever. It was offensive. I didn't feel that way about it when Jeff or Shiz skated to it. The idea of skating to Ave Maria is a little weird, to me, but at least those other two aimed at something resembling a prayer.

However, I am definitely less enthusiastic about Evan than I should be because he humilated (a friend's pronunciation, accenting the bathos) my Johnny.

I wonder how far Joannie could go. Is she as hungry as, say, Evan or Takahashi? I like her a lot.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
However, I am definitely less enthusiastic about Evan than I should be because he humilated (a friend's pronunciation, accenting the bathos) my Johnny.

I really don't care about either of them. The only guy I really like is Brian. Buttle is good, but I can't root for him due to his technical deficiency.

Just downloaded C/O's ex. program. I really like them. They have such power and speed.

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
Oh my God Joannie's exibition... That was absolutely amazing.

I've been a Celine Dion fan for 19 years (most of my life) and I get very excited whenever a skater chooses her music. Maybe have done it before but and it has always been beautiful. It's like having my 2 biggest passions in one perfect moment. Up until now, among all these exibitions, only 1 had made me cry, which was Sasha's God Bless America because it was painfully beautiful. And now Joannie made me cry again. It was just wonderful.

The song she skated too is called "Vole" which means "Fly" and it's about the death of a young girl. While it sounds very sad, it's also about death as a relief for someone who had to endure too much pain. Carolina Kostner skated to the english version of this song but didn't quite capture the whole feeling like Joannie did. Joannie really "flew". She became a part of the song, just like the notes. It was wonderful.

I better stop writting. I know this is completely biased because I just adore this song but... whatever. That just touched my heart and it's for those beautiful moments that I still watch this sport.

Thanks for explaining that. It makes her skate even more meaningful. I'm gonna have to add this girl to my siggy (along with Jeff). Go, Canadian skaters!

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Joannie vs. Emily

Superficially speaking, they have similar 'body type'. But why do they look so different on ice?

Joannie's posture is excellent, she has a strong and steady upper body. Most of her moves are very polished. Emily, on the other hand, is so clumsy, sloppy.

I suddently understand what makes the different! Joannie has well-toned muscles, Emily, on the other hand, has extra fat! Their bodies are actually quite different. Joannie body is tight, so most of her moves are polished; Emily's fat makes most of her movements look so sluggish.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Joannie was wonderful. Now that is what figure skating is about, her line, speed and passion - just gorgeous.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I wonder why Evan chooses to skate to things like Ave Maria. He's not a lyrical skater. Why wouldn't he stick to his usual masculine cr.. I mean, repertoire.

ae9177

On the Ice
I <33333 Evan's Ave Maria! It's exquisit! :clap: :clap: So many people popped and fell on their jumps, nobody else excecuted the whole package - jumps, spins, interpretation of the music so beautifully as Evan that night except Pang/Tong.
And yes, Pang should wear pants all the time! Glad to know that she has consistent 3t now. Oh my, the reaction from Tanith when they played the wrong music was priceless.
Go Evan, Go P/T, Go B/A!!! :clap: :clap:

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
all

All exhibition programs are now linked to my first post. ENJOY!

I like pang & tong, N&T, C&O, Jeffrey Buttle, Joannie.

I will try to upload the finale, and it will take a while. shen&zhao and Pang&Tong did a sbs double twist at the beginning of the finale, which is pretty cool.

hongligl

Final Flight
I just watched S/Z's exhibition and encore, they were great! Maybe it is just normal for them to skate like that that nobody feels that it is necessary to gasp about it. Nobody would say "OMG, they did it again!" as it is not a surprise. I love S/Z :love: and Pang/Tong is doing it for me now too. Pang does look great in pants. Love their shot program and exhibition numbers, so passionate and exquisite. :love:

Last edited:

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Okay this is my last installment, finale!! Enjoy!

Finale
Very cool stuff. Shen&zhao and Pang & Tong did a sbs double twist, Ryan did a back flip, and Jeffrey buttle did an incredible scratch spin.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks iloveaxel that was great.

I watched the Japanese Nationals Exhibit Gala tonight on CN8 and I have to say that was the best Exhibition I have ever seen. All of the the skating was first class and the live music from the orchestra was just beautiful. It was so well done and put together. It was an added bonus to see Shiz and Honda skate.