What is your ancestry? | Golden Skate

What is your ancestry?

G

Grgranny

What is your ancestry?

After reading the posts about Sasha, thought maybe this might be a good topic. Trouble is, I'm not going to have time to read all because I keep getting too many emails with notifications of replies. :lol:
I am scotch, irish, german (Pennsylvania Dutch), english, indian (Cree) and best of all AMERICAN.

T

tharrtell

Re: What is your ancestry?

Mutt! I've English, Irish, Welsch, Scottish, German, French, Norwegian, and a little American Indian - Cherokee. Needless to say, nothing I really identify with. I'm 3rd generation Californian and probably identify more with that than anything else.

B

BronzeisGolden02

Wow, I feel at home in a pen full of mutts. I am German, English, French and Indian (Cherokee). LOL, my maternal grandfather is from Germany and he is the most interesting character, I used to call him "the Nazi" when I was younger because he was so stone-faced and serious and wouldn't put up with anything that resembled fun. So thankful he has chilled out and now he is actually very mild and interesting to be around!

D

DORISPULASKI

I'm mostly English (Swamp Yankee) with one German great grandfather, and one Mohegan Indian lady in the dim, deep past.

My husband is 1/4 Polish, 1/4 German, and 1/2 Italian, in case any one is wondering how Pulaski is English.

dpp

L

Ladskater

A mixture of good old Scot and Irish with some Norwegian thrown in for good measure.

Ladskater

K

Kara Bear

I too am a mutt. Theres lots of Acadian (French) in there plus a bit of Scottish, Irish, Asian and who knows what else...

D

Dee4707

I am 1/2 Hispanic, 1/4 Native American and 1/4 German. Some really wild blood!!! I am very proud of my heritage. I look more Hispanic but I have a brother who is older and looks more German. He's very light and I am darker, funny how those things work out.

Dee

L

Lcp88

I'm a good 50% Irish, and also German and Welsh. I think somewhere along the line I have some French, but I'm not quite sure. Everyone always askes if I'm English or Irish becasue I'm really pale and burn easily, and then of course I have to explain:)
Laura

K

Kzarah

We are French, although I am told that I have a great grandmother that had a trace of Irish blood in her. So I guess we are close to being pure breds.
Daniel and Little Lulu

M

mike79

I'm 1/2 Irish, 1/4 Scottish, and 1/4 French (but I have yet to find out where the French comes from).

N

Nadya Lyubova

German, Hungarian, Polish, Russian and Romanian.

T

thvudragon

me, I'm 7/8 Vietnamese and 1/8 Chinese. No white (thankfully) :lol: j/k. I'm surprised by how many people are part Cherokee. I always found that strange.

TV

D

dlksk8fan

My dad's side of the family is from Odessa. They were orthodox Jews that left Russia around the early 1900's. It seems Sasha Cohen and I have something in commom-a little Jewish/ Russian heritage. My mom's side of the family is German. So I am a mix of Russian and German.

heyang-
:lol: :lol: :lol:

S

Show 42

.......Here's a weird mix.....I am one-half Italian and one-half Finn.......My mother has black hair and brown eyes, and my dad had blonde hair and blue eyes........I've got light brown hair and blue eyes......42

M

mmandel

100% German, 1st generation American.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Polish & Russian with a bit of Austrian. 3rd generation to be born in the U.S. Oddly enough, lots of redheads in the family (me included).</span> :D