Record Breaker
anyone else watching?

LOVING Gwenyth Paltrow and Kate Winslet's dresses!!! :love:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Red Carpet

Hi Tonichelle -

I'm watching and here are my picks:

#1 - for me, Penelope Cruz in that amazing Versace. What a bodice and gown, very much like Carrie's dress in Paris in the last season.

#2 - Cate Blanchett - lovely sheath.

#3 - Eddie Murphy's date, love her silver column with the mirror thingies.

#4 - Kate Winslett - really lovely!

Don't know about you, but I'm rooting for Jennifer Hudson -- go Jennifer!

and for skating, go Kimmie, Emily and Allisa!!

Tenorguy

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jennifer's dress left me cold... wasn't into the jacket, and I don't think the cut was the most flattering on her...

for those who missed it E's got a glam cam - http://www.eonline.com/redcarpet/oscars2007/glamcam/

those of you getting to watch the Oscars right now - I am jealous! I've got Wheel of Fortune! :p

3 hours till show time for me *sigh*

heyang

Record Breaker
Thanks for the Glam Cam, Toni.

I wasn't thrilled with JH's jacket, too. A little too space age.

I will not be voting for Meryl Streep for best dressed.

I'm really only watching for the DreamGirls songs.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Thanks for the Glam Cam, Toni.

I wasn't thrilled with JH's jacket, too. A little too space age.

I will not be voting for Meryl Streep for best dressed.

I'm really only watching for the DreamGirls songs.

Heyang - I agree with you about Jennifer's jacket; I'm glad she shed it for the broadcast! What was up with Meryl? I guess she doesn't really need to care.

I'm waiting for the Dreamgirls section and seeing Jennifer get her Oscar!!

Tenorguy

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
Nice dresses this year!

In no particular order

Cate Blanchett
Jodie Foster
Celine Dion (both red carpet and performance dress, she looked wonderful)
Kate Winslet
Jennifer Lopez

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I liked Ann Hathaway's dress.......even if the E gang didn't......it reminds me of Alyssa's LP dress. Hoping that "Little Miss Sunshine" wins for best picture. Also, Helen Mirren looks amazing.

Tigger

Final Flight
My faves in no particular order...

Nicole Kidman...Best Dress in years from her at one of these things.

Ditto Gwyneth. That colour really looked great on her.

Cate Blanchett...Loved the style, her hair, the colour and cut. I actually thought she looked better this year than she did at last year's Oscars and I liked her dress last year too.

The other Kate... ;) I just can't get over how well that colour looked on Kate Winslet. W/her skin colouring, I wouldn't have thought that soft green would have worked so well for her, but WOW!! Same goes for the dress. She looked so old time glam Hollywood.

Jodie Foster...That colour did wonders for her too, but I really loved how that skirt just flowed and floated over the stage as she walked to the podium for the In Memoriam segment. Just gorgeous.

Helen Mirren...That gold just really just made her glow and now she has the perfect matching accessory for the dress at all the parties tonight too. :biggrin: ;)

My Surprise OMG I can't believe she looks that good Fashion Award tonight goes to Diane Keaton. I mean...She usually looks a mess at these things and stuck in her Annie Hall days, but tonight she looked amazing. And no gloves either!! I was shocked!!

Piaf...I liked Anne Hathaway's dress too, as well as Emily Blunt's. Great colour, nice cut and really suited her.

The one dress that I saw tonight that when you saw it, you thought....Hmmm....If I could just make one little change the dress would go from it's okay to WOW...would be Naomi Watts. She looked great, but that belt/band against that yellow, really drew your eyes away from her face and down to her baby bump. Which I'm sure was not the intent. If that band/belt hadn't been there, she would have been on my list too.

BTW, what is it w/Meryl Streep at these things anymore? She's too good looking to be looking that awful. Anytime I see her at awards anymore, she looks dreadful.

And the sad thing is, she's thinking she looks amazing. A shame.

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
Helen Mirren's dress was my absolute favourite. I also loved Diane Keaton's look. Emily Blunt and Kate Winslet were also fabulous. Penelope Cruz was in a style I don't usually like, but it looked really good on her.

I actually didn't care for Paltrow's dress, especially when she took the stage. She definitely needed a bra or some sort of thicker material. She wasn't hiding much.

Streep looked good at the Golden Globes, not so much here. I also didn't like the bow-thing Hathaway had going on. Overall though, everyone looked stunning.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree Diane Keaton stole the show wearing something that was actually flattering and nice looking on her! :)

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My personal faves were:

Penelope Cruz, Reese Witherspoon, Helen Mirren, Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lopez (she's really improved fashion wise) and Nicole Kidman. I also loved what Beyonce and Annika Noni Rose (sp?) wore while on stage (not so much the red carpet). Rinko Kikuchi also redeemed herself from the awful thing she wore to the Golden Globes. I agree that Diane Keaton finally looked good.

Meryl Streep was the worst dressed, especially the necklace...but she can wear whatever she wants with her clout so good for her for obviously not caring what others think! I also didn't like Gwyneth's dress (yet it was 100% better than the horrible goth dress she wore before). And I didn't like Cameron Diaz' dress either.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I hated Gwyneth's dress.that orange colored illusion fabric reminded me of the old Coppertone quick tan.........yuck!

Reece Witherspoon's dress was beautiful. I loved Beyonce's red dress for the Dreamgirls number but was holding my breath that she or Jennifer did not have a 'wardrobe malfunction'.