Good News about Lambiel! | Golden Skate

Good News about Lambiel!

emma

Record Breaker
Unless I am still dreaming/sleep walking, news on FSU is that Stephane Lambiel will be competing at worlds. Joe, this should make your day, I know I'm smiling!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
This could shake up our world predictions.

Congrats to Stephane for getting his confidence and competitive drive back :)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
AWESOME!!!

Although, I'm scared he won't medal.

Joubert/Lysacek/Takahashi are looking so strong for those medals and you've got Buttle/Weir/Oda all hot on the trail and probably very driven to "prove something".

~Z

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
AWESOME!!!

Although, I'm scared he won't medal.

Joubert/Lysacek/Takahashi are looking so strong for those medals and you've got Buttle/Weir/Oda all hot on the trail and probably very driven to "prove something".

~Z

Well, for Stephane, It's going to be a long shot for gold but he could still medal.

What it will come down to is what kind of shape he is in come worlds.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Great news!

Now Lysacek's medal is in question.

If Lysacek puts on the same performance he did at nationals. No question he should medal. Possibly gold if Joubert screws up.

He is gonna have to do the QUAD-TRIPLE combo in the short program to be more competitive

jennylovskt

Medalist
Will Lysacek do a quad in SP? Personally, I think he won't. Quad in competition is something new for him. He did double footed quad combo at last Worlds. Then he did it at the Nationals and 4CC this year. I thought he didn't do quad at SA and Cup of China. He won't risk it. JMO

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Can it be? :bow: Thanks, skate gods!
All of a sudden the season is exciting again. I sure hope the reports are correct! Go, Stephane!
(*does uber-geeky fan girl happy dance*)
xoxo
Rave

gkelly2

Rinkside
Oh it is just great ...i don't know about the placements but the competition will be much more intresting for sure:rock:

Angelluv

Rinkside
This is great news! :) It's not impossible, but I think it will be very hard for Evan to medal now.

Unless I am still dreaming/sleep walking, news on FSU is that Stephane Lambiel will be competing at worlds. Joe, this should make your day, I know I'm smiling!!!!
emma = You have made my day! Wonder what changed his mind. However, this may be a rumour.

If it's true it's back to Joubert. I hope his injury has healed. great rivalry here. and the local crowd watching the rivalry between Daisuke and Nobunari. What an event!!

Joe

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
emma = You have made my day! Wonder what changed his mind. However, this may be a rumour.

It has actually been confirmed by his official site; Stephane will be making his re-entry at this year's Worlds in Tokyo, armed with a new short program.

The men just got a lot more exciting, I think. :D

It has actually been confirmed by his official site; Stephane will be making his re-entry at this year's Worlds in Tokyo, armed with a new short program.

The men just got a lot more exciting, I think. :D
If you haven't already watched it, there is a Youtube link in The Edge of Stephane's Flamenco show piece which I am told will be his LP in Tokyo.

Increible Check out the artistry.

Joe

shine

Record Breaker
Sorry, but I hope Lysacek doesn't medal with that Carmen which we have seen 20394802 times. I really lose respect for skaters that re-use their program to such extend.

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
If you haven't already watched it, there is a Youtube link in The Edge of Stephane's Flamenco show piece which I am told will be his LP in Tokyo.

Increible Check out the artistry.

Joe

OH!! Thank you SO much telling me! I hadn't had the opportunity to find it before; it really is an incredible program. He's sure to do well if he can skate his two new programs well. :D

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
this is so cool. Joubert better watch out. even without the triple axel, lambiel has tow quads, and better spins footowork the joubert. His artistry and skating skills are also much greater.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Sorry, but I hope Lysacek doesn't medal with that Carmen which we have seen 20394802 times. I really lose respect for skaters that re-use their program to such extend.

we havn't seen carmen that much. Sasha used "dark eyes" for at least two seasons, and the same with malaguena. Shen and zhao used turanot for two consecutive seaons and the second time it was even better and more energinzed than the first. T&M used Sherazade for a freeskate tow seasons in a row and won the world title both times. I think Carmen is exciting and thrilling each time Evan performs it.. especilly now that he has put in a consistant and if i may say so elegant quad triple.