Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No medals for U.S and Russian teams at Worlds this year I predict.

Banned

No medals for U.S and Russian teams at Worlds this year I predict.

Here is a bold prediction I will make. There will be no medals for either Russia or the U.S at Worlds this year. The best chance for both countries is the dance but I predict a France-Canada-Bulgaria podium there in some order shutting out both the top American and Russian teams. This is not what I want neccessarily BTW, it is what I expect will happen.

Custom Title
    The Russians will definitely win a medal in ice dance. There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen, and there is a 50-50 chance it will be gold. But that will be the only medal the Russians will win at this year's Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by temperboy28 View Post
    Here is a bold prediction I will make. There will be no medals for either Russia or the U.S at Worlds this year. The best chance for both countries is the dance but I predict a France-Canada-Bulgaria podium there in some order shutting out both the top American and Russian teams. This is not what I want neccessarily BTW, it is what I expect will happen.
    This IS a bold prediction. Lambiel's come back has changed the outcomes of the men's event. Evan's medal is in question. He may get bronze or none. I still hold other areas as I said before.

Down With It
    Let doom and gloom commence!!

Banned
    Russians can win dance.
    They don't worry about singles, so they can put every energy into dance politics.
    Americans have to bargain hard with others to save singles' medals.
    Their pairs & dance teams have very little hope.
    As for singles, if Meissner skates like at Skate America, her great country assures a medal.
    Not so sure about Men, though.
    Last edited by satorare; 02-26-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't think Evan can beat Joubert or Lambiel; however, Daisuke is up in the air. If Daisuke skates clean, Evan is out.

I think Kimmie can medal. I doubt the USA will medal in dance or pairs.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    you don't think evan or kimmie can even medal? I don't know about that. TYhe russians will at least medal in dance. but tha's abou it. thier singles akting leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Let doom and gloom commence!!

On topic - Kimmie will medal.

I agree with Temperboy except that Russia will get a medal for Dance which is preparation for the gold in Vancouver.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    you don't think evan or kimmie can even medal? I don't know about that. TYhe russians will at least medal in dance. but tha's abou it. thier singles akting leaves a lot to be desired.
    Temperboy likes to start threads just to stir things up. Here is the list of threads he has started recently:

These are what top 4 at Olympics should have been!
    Lambiel obviously not serious about competiting anymore, fills schedule with shows
    Sasha discouraged by judges not giving her major title due to jump errors?
    Witt and Thomas-between 86 and 88 2 of most overscored skaters ever?
    Why I think Cohen deserved silver in Turin.

^

There is good and bad in that IMO. More good though because it gets down to the nitty gritty facts. JMO

Anyhoo, BOT-
    I think
    Kimmie will medal
    Evan will medal
    and Tanith and Ben will medal.

None of which will be gold JMO. Unless there is some one not going I think are, that is what I see happening.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka View Post
    Temperboy likes to start threads just to stir things up. Here is the list of threads he has started recently:

These are what top 4 at Olympics should have been!
    Lambiel obviously not serious about competiting anymore, fills schedule with shows
    Sasha discouraged by judges not giving her major title due to jump errors?
    Witt and Thomas-between 86 and 88 2 of most overscored skaters ever?
    Why I think Cohen deserved silver in Turin.
    Well, judging by the response these topics got, he wasn't the only one interested in discussing them. To do a rif on a quote from the ever-relevant Hillary Clinton, it takes a village to keep a message-board topic going ;-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The Russians will definitely win a medal in ice dance. There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen, and there is a 50-50 chance it will be gold. But that will be the only medal the Russians will win at this year's Worlds.
    I disagree. The Russian dance team you are referring to lose to both the Bulgarians and Canadians at the GP final, and after viewing it the Bulgarians had a shaky OD and the Canadians a shaky FD and both still beat them overall. Then at the Europeans the Russians lost to the French. They beat the Bulgarians there but the Bulgarians were politicaly blocked out of a chance of that event according to those I spoke to. While I am predicting the top Americans to not medal in dance as well obviously by my heading, even they would have beaten the Russians in their other meeting(I am excluding the meeting the Russians had a big fall and lost to the Americans)had it not been for a downgraded lift and since then they have a new and improved FD.

Banned
    Also while I dont believe Evan Lysacek will win a medal it sure as heck wont be has been Lambiel who stops him from winning a medal. My boyfriend is a big Lambiel fan and was excited to hear he would be competing at worlds but reality is he is a total has been who has no prayer at worlds this year. He has been doing shows and tours while others have been training and landing quads. He doesnt have a wing or a prayer, he should just not bother showing up and making a fool of himself.

I do believe Evan will be pushed off the podium but will probably be by Joubert, Takahashi, and Oda, with Buttle a possability too. Lambiel doesnt stand a chance and should not even be discussed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I think Evan and Kimmie could medal, but I also think they wont medal. Evan cant beat Takahashi, Oda, or Joubert if they skate cleanly in short and long programs, Joubert has been on a mission all year and has sufficient time to recover from his foot injury and Takahashi and Oda will be motivated by the home crowd and thus a more likely bet to put it together then normal(especialy erratic Takahashi). Evan having a 1 quad in the long wont overcome Oda's huge short program score, and Oda's GOEs in the long. Asada is too strong for Meissner I think. Ando is more challengeable for Meissner but Ando is too strong in the short program, and in the long they will probably be close but enough to reverse the short program scores. Kim has been very consistent this year without being perfect, Kimmie seems to be saving her best for Worlds but so is Kim who is winning events without skating to her maximum yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast