No medals for U.S and Russian teams at Worlds this year I predict. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

No medals for U.S and Russian teams at Worlds this year I predict.

I agree Domina and Shabalin is the only team which will medal in Dance in Tokyo - not necessarily gold. And there will be pages and pages of debate about the the Teams who did not win a medal. But, hey, that's what Dance is all about.

Joe

ArwenIcePrincess

Rinkside
I'm going to say that I think Delobel/Schoenfelder and Belbin/Agosto are the ones who will be shut out of the podium (unfortunately, because I love both teams). Realistically, though, the Bulgarians and Canadians have a much better chance.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
If I had to wager a guess I think the Americans and Bulgarians will be the two shut out of the podium at Worlds. I certainly wouldnt place a bet on it but if I was forced to make a call that would be it. Denkova/Stayvinski were definitely out of favor with the judging panel at Europeans, not just coming 3rd but such big dropoff in scores from their earlier performances with performances that did not appear to contain the problems other spoke of when I saw them. Delobel/Schoenfeldner will be rewarded for perseverence in waiting with a medal, and the judges quite like Dubreuil/Lauzon in the last year and a half. Belbin/Agosto have an improved free dance, will it be enough to get them on the podium at Worlds though?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a suspicion that the gold Euros medal was DelShoes' reward this year. I'm not so sure they'll be on the World podium.

RDiva

Rinkside
If I had to wager a guess I think the Americans and Bulgarians will be the two shut out of the podium at Worlds. I certainly wouldnt place a bet on it but if I was forced to make a call that would be it. Denkova/Stayvinski were definitely out of favor with the judging panel at Europeans, not just coming 3rd but such big dropoff in scores from their earlier performances with performances that did not appear to contain the problems other spoke of when I saw them. Delobel/Schoenfeldner will be rewarded for perseverence in waiting with a medal, and the judges quite like Dubreuil/Lauzon in the last year and a half. Belbin/Agosto have an improved free dance, will it be enough to get them on the podium at Worlds though?

I will desagree on some points:
1.Del/S were already rewarded, and they will be unfortunately out of favour with the judging panel at Worlds(no french judge).
2.This judging panel will be in more favour for Den/Sta-there will be a bulgarian judge(not like at euros) and the scores they were getting with a bulg. judge were hard to beat
Well of course, everything depends from Mr Piseev and the other federations

kendall

Match Penalty
Here is a bold prediction I will make. There will be no medals for Japan team at Worlds this year b/c Kimmie's FS is so tough to beat. Kimmie has 2 triple-triple combination, triple axel (she may put it in if she want too. Also, double axel-double toe loop-double loop at the end of the program in FS while other ladies have only 1 triple-triple in their FS. This is what I expect will happen, Kimmie Meissner will win the gold medal again. The 2nd and 3rd spot is up to Canada or Swiss. The japanteam team will finish off the podium as usual. Kimmie Meissner will :rock:

Last edited:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Anyhoo, BOT-
I think
Kimmie will medal
Evan will medal
and Tanith and Ben will medal.

None of which will be gold JMO.

Agreed.

Here is a bold prediction I will make. There will be no medals for Japan team at Worlds this year b/c Kimmie's FS is so tough to beat. Kimmie has 2 triple-triple combination, triple axel (she may put it in if she want too. Also, double axel-double toe loop-double loop at the end of the program in FS while other ladies have only 1 triple-triple in their FS. This is what I expect will happen, Kimmie Meissner will win the gold medal again. The 2nd and 3rd spot is up to Canada or Swiss. The japanteam team will finish off the podium as usual. Kimmie Meissner will :rock:

This post borders on racist and is simply UNTRUE. "The Japan team will finish off the podium as usual". HUH? Japan got a medal at worlds in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006. Not to mention that Mao Asada's FS is more difficult than Kimmie's (as is her Short Program, for that matter).

~Z

jennylovskt

Medalist

This is just your preference, not a prediction at all.

kendall

Match Penalty
"Mao Asada's FS is more difficult than Kimmie's (as is her Short Program, for that matter)."

But Mao is always falter in FS. As for evidence, Kimmie already beat Mao this season. Mao also lost twice. So it's obvious, Mao can't win the big one. Kimmie more stronger and has more artistry than Mao. Even Michelle and Sasha can't keep up to Kimmie. That's why they both absent as the Nationals.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doom: Kimmie won't medal

Gloom: B & A can't get on the podium, they just can't do it with that FD

I hope both skaters prove everyone wrong. :rock:

antmanb

Record Breaker
"Mao Asada's FS is more difficult than Kimmie's (as is her Short Program, for that matter)."

But Mao is always falter in FS. As for evidence, Kimmie already beat Mao this season. Mao also lost twice. So it's obvious, Mao can't win the big one. Kimmie more stronger and has more artistry than Mao. Even Michelle and Sasha can't keep up to Kimmie. That's why they both absent as the Nationals.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Every skater wishes they had fans like you to carry the flag in their parade. GO KIMMIE!!! :rock: :)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Every skater wishes they had fans like you to carry the flag in their parade. GO KIMMIE!!! :rock: :)

Mathman, could you be any nicer? I don't think so! (Insert kiss-blowing smiley here.)
BOT: Kimmie will medal if the pressure of skating at home is too much for the Japanese ladies.
Evan will medal if the pressure of skating at home is too much for the Japanese men. (Don't let it get to you, Daisuke! :love: )
Rena and John will finish in the top five if they land the throw 3A.
I don't think there will be any Americans on the dance podium, either.
Personally, I want everyone to have their best night ever, causing the judges to tear their hair out trying to score the events.
xoxo
Rave