Thanking U.S. Military Services for Defending Our Freedom | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Thanking U.S. Military Services for Defending Our Freedom

J

Joesitz

Re: Excuse Me, Your Double-Standard is Showing

Sk8cynic - Thank you. We have already agreed to disagree without speaking the phrase, and that keeps us in touch. No
problem.

While I do not monitor the Off Topic threads, I do read them and often post on them but just my opinions.

I know the original post was concerning the support of the US troops in the war. I doubt that any American would not support the troops. But the topic lends itself to supporting the war by implication. That is why I had to put my two cents in.

I find myself in good company with many celebrities, eg. Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn as well as Elizabeth Taylor. They will probably be considered questionable for making movies. Hollywood has a way of keeping them out of pictures. Fortunately I will not have to worry about that, although my FBI file will grow even thicker than it already is for korea and vietnam. You probably don't remember the House Unamerican Activities Committee. Being for Peace in America is not exactly approved of.

As to mmandel and nadya, if their discussion started in another forum, well why bring it here?

Joe

Y

yelyoh

Joe,
ITA regarding Burma cum Myamar. If you are looking for weapons of mass destruction try North Korea. They got da bomb. And does starving your people while you amass millions in foreign banks count as being barbaric? I think so. And what about our friends the Saudis? Huge list of human rights violations there not to mention recruitment for Osama Bin's boys. Actually, I think Bush's war is gonna do great things for Osama's Al Kay Duh recruitment drive. I think Bush, Rummy Rumsfeld (sp?) and the veep are the axis of evil. I support the troups; get them the hell out of there.
Yelyoh

N

Nadya Lyubova

Originally, I wasn't going to post in this thread at all. When Mmandel started to PM people and post this stuff about my board here I felt like that was something I didn't just have to take. I think if somebody is bashing my board I can defend it, can't I? The thing is Mmandel started all those actions before contacting any of the boatd staff, and without knowing why I deleted the original post. It was not because of the political content (or not completely....there was one sentence in it which did utter a political opinion, and at the FSMB we decided to delete any Iraq-related thread, regardless if it was pro or against the war). If it had been completely neutral, we might have left it there unless the discussion would have taken sides. But the thing is Mmandel started those actions just a few hours after I deleted the original post....instead of contacting the staff. In a few hours (during lunch time!) I simply couldn't PM him. It is part of our board rules (which many people don't seem to read....) that you get a PM explaining why, but it doesn't say I'm going to cancel my lunch and stay at home just to write those PMs within minutes.

I don't exactly see your point, Cynic. What post of mine do you regard as an insult?

As for unbanning Mmandel, I have no problem doing that if things like that won't happen again. I don't feel like reading such stuff about my board in PMs and on other message boards. That's just defamation.

P

Ptichka

Wow, just looked at this thread -- what a mess!

<blockquote style="padding-left:0.5em; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; border-left:solid 2">Let me have a guess - you're viewing American TV exclusively? Here in Europe we get both sides.</blockquote>
Nadya, we in the US get ALL kinds of news. First of all, on my way to work I usually listen to the same BBC you referred to (it is a part of National Public Radio). The NPR radio itself has about 50% of their guests opposed to war. Also, the New Yorker (though not mainstream, but definitely NOT a small or insignificant publication by any stretch of imagination) has been more than critical of just about every aspect of this war. I am not saying everybody reads or listens to all these news, I am just saying it is here.

J

Joesitz

There has to be a hidden reason for this war because the present reasons apply to so many other countries who have weapons of mass destruction and who have tyrannical governments.

What is that hidden reason that the minority seem so willing to have this war?

Joe

M

mmandel

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Originally, I wasn't going to post in this thread at all. When Mmandel started to PM people and post this stuff about my board here I felt like that was something I didn't just have to take. I think if somebody is bashing my board I can defend it, can't I? The thing is Mmandel started all those actions before contacting any of the boatd staff, and without knowing why I deleted the original post. It was not because of the political content (or not completely....there was one sentence in it which did utter a political opinion, and at the FSMB we decided to delete any Iraq-related thread, regardless if it was pro or against the war). If it had been completely neutral, we might have left it there unless the discussion would have taken sides. But the thing is Mmandel started those actions just a few hours after I deleted the original post....instead of contacting the staff. In a few hours (during lunch time!) I simply couldn't PM him. It is part of our board rules (which many people don't seem to read....) that you get a PM explaining why, but it doesn't say I'm going to cancel my lunch and stay at home just to write those PMs within minutes. [/quote]

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I don't feel like reading such stuff about my board in PMs and on other message boards. That's just defamation. [/quote]

First of all, I did delete my post Because I didn't want to bring our differences to this board and have not brought it since it was created/delete 3/22/03. To the best of my knowledge, 3 GS members are aware of our discussion on 3/22/03 and we are two of them. So I'm surprised that I'm being publicly attacked 11 days later. Secondly, Since I globally joined the EZ boards, I have sent only (5) PM's and one of them was to you. So, your statement of sending PM's to people is inaccurate and I have not posted anything against you or your board in any public forum. My <em>brief</em> discussion was in a locked forum, which only approved members have access to. No other forums that I posted at, had the response that you did. All other forum administrators and/or moderators, where I post, will tell a poster that a thread is inappropriate, deleted, moved, etc...and give them an explanation why. This situation was clearly a communication break down between the two of us. Finally, I truly have more integrity than you are giving me credit for. I came to terms and I had closure to our discussion on 3/22/03. I have no bad feelings toward you or your board. The only thing that I ask, is that we show each other respect as fellow forum members.

Manny

N

Nadya Lyubova

I didn't attack you 11 days later - my reply to your original post was the same day you posted it. The fact that this issue came up again now is because somebody was criticizing my posts in this thread, so all I did was defending myself. This post was in this (public!!) thread and anyone could see it.
By the way, I just found out you edited your original post now. Now it says <blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Response deleted as to not bash another board for their ignorance and possible bigotry.[/quote]
Well, thank you very much, that makes the situation so much better with my original reply still below (and my board in my sigline). Now if that is not to be considered and attack....?! I did explain why I deleted your post at my board, and it has nothing to do with ignorance or bigotry (I wonder if you even read my new posts about this issue). I do consider this a heavy insult. And by the way, I don't care if you PMed 5 or 50 people, it's the fact that you did this before checking the situation with the board staff. I repeat, our board rules say you do get a PM if a post is deleted - why couldn't you wait for that?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Nadya, we in the US get ALL kinds of news. First of all, on my way to work I usually listen to the same BBC you referred to (it is a part of National Public Radio). The NPR radio itself has about 50% of their guests opposed to war. Also, the New Yorker (though not mainstream, but definitely NOT a small or insignificant publication by any stretch of imagination) has been more than critical of just about every aspect of this war. I am not saying everybody reads or listens to all these news, I am just saying it is here. [/quote]
My comment was not directed at all Americans, but at the one poster who posted right before.

M

mathman444

How about making this the last post on this thread?

MM