Yu Na Kim, can she still medal?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yu Na Kim, can she still medal??

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i realize that her injury can pretty bad, and i really hopo e that she gets well.. lovely girl. But she was injured at the GFP, and skated a perfect progra to win. I would not ocunt her out. not at all. She may be teh underdog, but i belive in this girl.

mizu_iro

Final Flight
The Ladies is wide open as I have said before, its not just about Mao, Yu Na And Kimmie although they are the 3 to beat. The short program will hold the key. If all 3 do their 3x3 combo and skate clean then yes they will have a good lead into the free program over the others and will hold off the others in the free skate.

Kimmie hasn't been that great with her SP so far this season. I think as far as SP scores go, Mao and Miki should be able to hold the two highest in either order- they've both been very consistent SP skaters this seasons with huge scores, while Kimmie has had neither. Yu-Na has been clean with her SPs but her scores haven't been quite as high.

Oh and sorry I don't think the SP was broadcasted =\

kendall

Match Penalty
What a great news! There is only 1 contender left which is Mao Asada [a very inconsistent skater just like Sasha Cohen.] Mao doesn't have what it take to win the big one. So, look like the road is clear for Kimmie Meissner to get her 2nd World's title next month. Kimmie go girl!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i watched the video and it has painful to see poor Yu-Na trying the camel and she looked so defeated sfter the second attempt at the toe loop. I kept wondering why her coach didn't change the program, knowing that yu-na could not do a tradioanl spiral position or a camel. otherwise she looked very good, what a lot of courage this girl has. i wonder how much pain she was in, the other jumps and psins, looked fine. no triple triple though, becaue that wouold mean doing a triple toe.

If she cuts out the triple toes, thenshe would have a clean skate, and medal at worlds. Mao dosen't have any lone triple salchows or toes in her freeskate, she yu-na shoudl remove them for now as well. Just put another salhow or loop or flip or somthing. Also, take out the camel spins and spiral. Her fan spiral and belliman looked fine.

I wonder though, should she be doing a belliman in her condition? i would imajine that would hurt a lot.

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's good news if you're an Asada fan or a Meissner fan :biggrin: Look at it from the perspective that there's one less competitor for them, not that the skater hurt herself. I mean, when a star player from an opposing team gets injured, it's good from the perspective that it gives your team a better chance, right? Doesn't necessarily mean that you're glad that the person is hurt. Just playing devil's advocate here (and being Red Dog ;) )

R.D.

Record Breaker
Maybe, but she still has to take advantage of it. It's so common to think that just because one top competitor is out, that everyone will automatically move up one spot (unless it's U.S. Nationals :biggrin: ). In all other competitions it's complicated by mindsets and performances. Alyssa, as well as Kimmie, Mao, and the lot need to bring it to take advantage of that spot. Of course, that's assuming Kim is either too injured to compete or too injured to be a contender. But I think she'll bounce back.

kendall

Match Penalty
bounce back??? How??? I afraid she gonna make fool of herself. With the SP of less than 50 points and FS less than hundred points??? and totally score of less 150???? to compete against World Champion, Kimmie, That's too funny LMAO, have you see Kimmie's huge score with 2 triple-triple combo in FS yet ??? I guess you mean she going to bounce all the way down to last place rite :laugh: :rofl:

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
I don't know.. I am worried about her BUT....I think that she does have a month before worlds, and so who knows what can happen.

She's one out of shape a bit, and she's recovering from an injury. Whose to say though after a month of training and rehabilitation Yu-Na won't be ready for the prime time.

As for embarressing herself, everyone knows Yu-na is recovering from an injury, so she won't be embarrassing herself if she's not 100% right now her team needs her to place in the top 10. She's all Korea has.