Kurt Browning - Still "The King of The Blade" | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning - Still "The King of The Blade"

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I saw Kurt's latest Gotta Skate show with the Barenaked Ladies on the CBC last night. Kurt is still the King of the blade when it comes to edges and footwork. It was wonderful to see him and Brian Orser again as well. They are both still on top of their game. I also enjoyed the rest of the skaters. However, Kurt is the master and is in a class of his own.

I would love to go to Stars on Ice again when it comes to Vancouver.

Well done Kurt! :bow: :bow: :bow:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go for it, if you can! We saw SOI in Philly last Friday night, and Kurt was terrific :clap: (no surprise there).We're going to SOI in Trenton, NJ tonight (can't wait). Kurt won't be in tonight's show :cry:, but we'lll have one more opportunity to see him on the US tour this season, in Wilkes-Barre, PA on 3/11/07 (praying for good weather that day - no snowstorms, please!).

The line-up for the Canadian SOI looks fantastic, so by all means, go see the show! :party:

Last edited:

skamper23

Medalist
I saw Kurt last Sat. night in Worcester! He was as awesome as ever!!! He skated to "Easy" and "If I Only Had A Brain" complete with Scarecrow costume! He makes it look effortless! I hope to be able to make the Hartford show next week-end!! There's so much going on in the show that you need to see it more than once to catch everything!!! Especially the group #'s!!!

Of all the skaters I love, I love Kurt the best. He is the master of footwork and it thrills me everytime. And his sense of humor is wonderful. And he seems like such a humble and very charming individual! Always takes the time to say/mouth "thank you" to the audience.

Of all the skaters I love, I love Kurt the best. He is the master of footwork and it thrills me everytime. And his sense of humor is wonderful. And he seems like such a humble and very charming individual! Always takes the time to say/mouth "thank you" to the audience.
It's not just his footwork. Kurt has been blessed, instinctively, with musicianship.
Few skaters can keep with the rythym of the music; even less can keep with the timing. It all shows in his body language. Very few have that outside of some sort of warrior type skating. Ilia Kulic also has this gift. Maybe Johnny Weir when he is on.

Joe

Agreed, Joesitz!
It's kind of like the music flows into him and "controls"(for lack of a better word?) his body movements.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks! Yes, I am going, I bought three tickets yesterday. Can't wait.