Compulsory Dance - Silver Samba | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance - Silver Samba

Rosaleen

Medalist
Just getting the thread created for now. . . The CD starts in just over 2 hours.

You're welcome to post comments & questions in this thread and link to it from other web-sites, but please - no copying & pasting notes to other sites, forums, etc.

Although I have the pattern for the dance in front of me, I don't know the timing well enough to comment on it (unless it's really bad or seems really good to me)

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Krisztina BARTA / Adam TOTH - HUN
Pb 25.98 wearing yellow him with black pants
Quite good speed & flow with quiet edges but a little bit jerky, leg lines don't always match
- GOE on all segments except the 1st TES 13.73 PCS 10.65 tot 24.38

Rosaleen

Medalist
2 Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitali BUTIKOV - RUS
Pb 33.19 him in dark blue with bit of yellow & green her in day-glo orange with lime green & blue accents
Excellent speed & flow, lovely matching lines & expression
+ GOE on all segments TES 16.97 PCS 14.38 tot 31.35

Rosaleen

Medalist
3 Camilla SPELTA / Marco GARAVAGLIA - ITA
Pb 30.58 both in black with white hanging bits on her skirt
Ok - not as crisp as I think it should be and I got the impressions they were having to really work for their speed
- GOE on all segs except the 1st TES 14.17 PCS 11.52 Tot 25.69

Rosaleen

Medalist
4 Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY - SVK
Pb 18.68 her in pink & silver with black fringe on bottome of skirt & black elbow gloves him in black with bit of pink trim at waist
Not a lot of expression - skating the dance rather than dancing the dance
- GOE on all segments TES 12.23 PCS 8.42 Tot 20.65 currently 4th

Rosaleen

Medalist
5 Joanna BUDNER / Jan MOSCICKI - POL
Pb 28.66 her in yellow & fushia wide skirt with crinolin effect him in black
Nice & close together in kilian pos - not quite the crispness in the steps - good speed & flow
- GOE on all segs TES 13.51 PCS 11.30 tot 24.81 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
6 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK - CZE
Pb 21.89 her in light lime green with yellow on top & then add fushia & orange to skirt him in black
Pretty good speed, expression was ok, both of their posture needs a little work in places - felt like they were working to keep up the speed
- GOE on all segs TES 13.80 PCS 10.28 tot 24.08 currently 5th

Rosaleen

Medalist
7 Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES - USA
Pb 32.33 her in bright fushia backless but with sleeves him in black with sparkly fushia in top
2nd pattern he went up on his toepick just before the end of the rink and saved himself from falling but interrupted the flow of that part - they got it back within a couple of steps. Up til then they were doing very well - their interpretation is a bit different than the previous teams - not sure if I liked it but it appeared to be quite well done (except for the mistake)
+ GOE on all segs except the mistake that had -.61 GOE TES 16.39 PCS 14.79 tot 31.18 currently 2nd

Evan said after that they weren't lined up quite right and she kicked his foot when they went to take the step

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Ekaterina ZAIKINA / Otar JAPARIDZE - GEO
Pb 27.81 her in black with bit of red around top of skirt him in white tshirt type with black sleeves
They seem to slow down at the more difficult parts & can't carry speed through the 'scissors' section
- GOE on all segs TES 13.43 PCS 10.44 Tot 23.87 currently 7th

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
thanks

thanks, this is a far better place than [other boards], more live information!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosaleen

Medalist
9 Danielle O'BRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN - AUS
Pb 21.73 her in dark blue with day-glo orange in skirt him in black with orange at neck & sparkly shirt
Quite good speed - too far apart in all holds - bit of accordianing in kilian - steps somewhat muddly in places
- GOE on all segs TES 12.91 PCS 8.13 tot 21.04 curently 8th

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL - USA
Pb 32.67 her in bright hot pink him in quite plain black with v-neck
Major fall by her and then she took him down on the 1st pattern just past the judges - they were looking just great up until then - didn't quite see what caused the fall - I had just been about to write how much I liked their matching lines and body positions and that they were nice & close together. I'll try and see on replay what happened. It looks like she caught the heel of her blade in the ice and landed on her bum then he got caught up in her legs.
+ GOE on all segs excep 2nd with -1.43 TES 14.80 PCS 14.10 Ded 2.00 Tot 26.90 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 Joanna LENKO / Mitchell ISLAM - CAN
Pb 29.85 both in black her with silver sparkles
Super big pattern on 1st go round - really deep into the centre of the ice - nice expression - maybe a little more arm action than I personally like but well done - quite good speed & flow
0 GOE on 1st & last segs - GOE on others TES 14.40 PCS 11.61 Tot 26.01 currently 4th

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Ina DEMIREVA / Juri KURAKIN - BUL
Pb 22.15 her in red with silver & black him in black
Sorry - I didn't see their dance - got interrupted by someone answering a question I had previously asked about cushions for the bench we're sitting on - it's going to get very hard by the end of the week.
- GOE on all segs TES 12.41 PCS 8.17 tot 20.58 currently 12th

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT - USA
Pb 27.69 her in lemon yellow him in black with diag lemon yellow on top
Beautiful matching lines to start the 1st pattern, similar upper body movement to Samuelson & Bates on 'scissor' steps - I don't particularly care for it - quite good speed & flow throughout and the matching lines kept up through the dance. I felt the speed tapered off a bit in spots and they were having to work a little to maintain it.
+ GOE on seg 3 of each pattern - GOE on others TES 14.59 PCS 11.54 Tot 26.13 currently 4th

Rosaleen

Medalist
14 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER - CAN
Pb 29.79 both in black her with bit of grey trim at bottom of skirt and one sleeve
I like their movement on the opening section - really danced the steps - they have the hunched over upper bodies on the scissor steps - guess that's the 'new' way of doing them , 2nd pattern they seemed a little far apart on the 2nd section (end of short end of rink) - good speed & flow and matching lines - very close together for the most part
- GOE on 2nd section both patterns + GOE on all others TES 15.50 PCS 13.20 Tot 28.70 currently 3rd