Compulsory Dance - Silver Samba | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance - Silver Samba

Rosaleen

Medalist
Rosaleen, when you refer to the end pattern on "the opposite short end of the rink" -- since we don't know where you're sitting -- do you mean the end with the forward steps or the end with the back change of edge?

Sorry - I tried to reply earlier but was grabbing a bowl of soup in the restaurant (while I wrote up stuff for the article) and didn't have a consistant internet connection in there.

I'm sitting at aprox centre ice across from the judges, so I was referring to the end with the back change of edge.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Rosaleen you did not seem all that impressed with Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV. Any thoughts on why they are in first?

BTW, we love you for these great reports!!!

Thanks for the compliment.

I wasn't as impressed with them as I guess I should have been. . . everyone I've talked to since the event WAS impressed with them and agrees that they should be in 1st place. I'm still not quite sure why I wasn't as impressed as everyone else. They did have command of the ice and they're both quite tall and have a real presence.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Any game going on here?

Looks like former USSR teams did very well. I'm not accusing anybody of any wrongdoing, but just let you guys know, here's some comparison: I knew U.S. teams really bombed today by making lots of mistakes.

Here's the comparison of top teams' JGPF and Jr. Worlds' scores. It is very interesting.

JGPF Jr. Worlds
Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 31.56 35.52 +3.96
Grethe GRUENBERG / Kristian RAND EST 27.96 32.42 +4.46
Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitali BUTIKOV RUS 28.08 31.35 +3.27
Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES USA 31.24 31.18 -0.06
Maria MONKO / Ilia TKACHENKO RUS 31.12 31.12 n/a

Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL USA 31.39 26.9 -4.49

All top former USSR teams increased their scores by 3-4 points compared to JPGF.