Pairs - Short program | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short program

Rosaleen

Medalist
They're just announcing the judges right now. So you know, I'm sitting across from the judges just about at centre ice.

I have a touch-screen in front of me that will show me the levels of the elements so I'll do what I can to let you know what they were judged at as well as the GOE's.

In the Junior short program the elements are more defined than in the senior.
This year the throw must be a Double or Triple Salchow, the lift is a hand-to-hand loop lift, double twist, backwards outside death spiral.

There's so much happening in each program that takes so many words to describe that I'm having a hard time giving you much more than the elements and how they're completed.

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Jiaqi LI / Jiankun XU - CHN
Music: Variations on a Theme of Paganini / her in white shading to blue on bodice & hem of skirt him in blue shading to white at shoulders
Pb 51.02 / huge high lateral 2-tw / thr 2s / sbs 2a in nice sync she had it on a tight landing but then fell / spirals have nice matching leg lines / sbs flycam at little too close for my liking (after Dub/Dav) and they got out of sync but got it back for the change to sit / bods doesn't get near low enough / back entrance to lift that is excellent in the air but the set down wasn't as smooth as it should be / pair spin got very slow but had some nice positions /
TES 21.90 PCS 17.31 Ded 1.00 Tot 38.21 2a's were downgraded

lev 4 - spirals / lev 3 on sbs spin & pair spin / lev 2 on twist / lev 1 on rest

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
2 Kristina KABATOVA / Martin HANULAK - SVK
Music: Gypsy Music / him in white satin shirt with red sash at wait & black shiny pants her in red short sleeves with flowered flounce on the bottom of her skirt /
Pb 33.01/ bods is very nice - good speed & pos & 2 revs / big difference in height and considering this - the spirals match quite well / sbs 2f - she fell out / 2tw is clean but not much height / sbs camel started the spins - excellent speed & unision until the last open leg pos when they got out a bit / thr 2s / back entrance to lift which looked like he had to really work to get her up (and based on her size I'm surprised) - nice one-hand set down / pair spin is ok /
TES 23.02 PCS 13.95 Tot 36.97 currently 2nd

lev 4 - pair spin / lev 3 spirals & lift / lev 2 sbs spin / lev 1 - rest

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
3 Maria SERGEJEVA / Ilja GLEBOV - EST
Music: Harlequin both in bright gold-yellow with multi-coloured circles on one side of top
Pb 39.40/ 2tw is airy / thr 3s - not much height or distance but clean & nice looking / bods is well-done / sbs 2a she had a turnout but stayed on one foot / sbs flycam spins are pretty much in sync right through and positions expressed music / straddle entrance to lift - she has nice air position / pair spin to end the program was good until almost ground to a halt and they ended it a bit early.
TES 30.19 PCS 18.49 Tot 48.62 currently 1st new PB by almost 10 points

lev 4 - death spiral & lift / lev 3 twists, spirals, sbs spin / lev 2 pair spin

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
4 Agne ORADAUSKAITE / Rudy HALMAERT - LTU
Music: Flamenco by Jesse Cook both in black 'pleather' with red trim /
Pb 31.22 / back hand to hand lift - no pos change and stayed with 2 hands / spirals keep up the speed - pos are ok / bods doesn't get quite low enough and is a little weak / sbs 2f - he might have singled way out of sync on the timing - nope he doubled - they weren't down-graded / thr 2s / sbs flycam start the spins that had good speed & pos but out of sync almost the whole way / 2tw is low but clean / back 'crouch' starts the pair spin then change to opposing camels - it was quite a nice spin /
TES 18.98 PCS 12.83 Tot 31.81 new PB currently 4th

lev 3 spirals / lev 2 both spins / lev 1 rest

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
5 Anais MORAND / Antoine DORSAZ - SUI
Music: Cirque du Soleil / both in orange & red vertical wavey stripe effect - him black pants
PB 38.53 Sbs 2a he hands down / thr 3s / back straddle entrance to lift to one hand / 2tw with arms overhead / sbs camel sit back sit good positioning & matching pos & sync / coe spiral with excellent extension by him - hers is good his is great / bods with a jump out and right into pair spin - quite effective and very nicely done spin /
TES 27.54 PCS 16.77 Tot 44.31 new pb currently 2nd

lev 4 spirals & lift / lev 3 twist & pair spin / lev 2 death spiral / lev 1 sbs spin

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
6 Amanda VELENOSI / Mark FERNANDEZ - CAN
Music: Malaguena her in red with black lace over top him in black with bit of red on collar
They start with an excellent spiral seq that is somewhat innovative / sbs 2a in perfect sync and nice spacing / 2tw is clean with arms overhead but not much height / thr 2s landed a bit forward but clean / back entrance to lift to one hand with one hand set down - he moved really well on that - esp considering the lack of size difference / sbs spins with great speed and excellent sync for the 1st part - got out of sync near end and didn't really get it back / bods is very good - nice speed & pos / pair spin was going really well until the last position change when I think he lost balance and had to put his free foot down /
Pb 44.65 TES 30.39 PCS 19.17 tot 49.56 new pb currently 1st

lev 4 - spirals, lift, sbs spin, death spiral / lev 3 - twist / lev 2 - pair spin

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
7 Krystyna KLIMCZAK / Janusz KARWETA - POL
Music: The age of Swing both in black - hers is a strapless velvet and he had white buttons down front and white belt /
Very good speed & flow into 2tw with arms overhead on catch - not very high but nice / thr 3s - high but she had to hop on her toe to save the landing / sbs spins have nice matching pos but quite slow and in and out of sync / nice chor bit / spirals carry good speed with facing coe in catchfoot pos / sbs 2a she fell / bods is ok / back entrance to lift - stayed with 2 hands and 2 hand set down / pair spin is slow to start but speeds up after the change of foot /
PB 35.51 TES 20.36 PCS 15.68 Ded 1.00 tot 35.04 currently 6th

lev 3 - pair spin & spirals / lev 2 - sbs spin / lev 1 - rest

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Kendra MOYLE / Andy SEITZ - USA
Music: Piano Concerto in A minor by Grieg both in black with white & silver - they're almost a little too much for my liking - but they do stand out in a not unattractive way /
Back straddle entrance to lift that covers the whole length of the rink with I don't know how many revs - wonderful / sbs 2a very close together good sync / 2tw isn't really high but clean with arms overhead on catch - nicely done / thr 3s - almost a bit of a slip by her on the landing but she saved it without a turnout / spirals matchvery well - good speed / sbs fly cam sit upright ch sit upright - very close after the camels with pretty darn close to perfect unsion & matching pos / bods - sorry didn't really see it while writing the previous / pair spin to end is excellent / - definitely the skate of the night so far /
PB 51.21 TES 29.36 PCS 21.35 Tot 50.71 currently 1st

lev 4 - lift / lev 3 twists, spirals, sbs spin / lev 2 - pair spin / lev 1 death spiral

Last edited:

northguy

Rinkside
Rosaleen,

V/F have the edge on TES over M/S. Do you have access to detailed protocols to explain that result? GOE? Levels? (Val Saurette's teams reach consistently the highest levels on their non-jump elements...) Downgrade of throw or sbs for M/S?

Thanks in advance and, to add to what others have already said, you truly do an awesome job! :rock:

flyingnun

On the Ice
Rosaleen,

V/F have the edge on TES over M/S. Do you have access to detailed protocols to explain that result? GOE? Levels? (Val Saurette's teams reach consistently the highest levels on their non-jump elements...) Downgrade of throw or sbs for M/S?

Thanks in advance and, to add to what others have already said, you truly do an awesome job! :rock:

the protocols will be posted at http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2007/ after the whole competition is completed

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Rosaleen posted this in the CD thread earlier today:
I've got a screen that shows all the 'elements' and what the GOE and score was for each element - it's great - all the details right away
She can and has reported on downgrades (Chinese pair's 2A, for example).

Sylvia

Record Breaker
See Rosaleen's first post in this thread on page 1 :):
"I have a touch-screen in front of me that will show me the levels of the elements so I'll do what I can to let you know what they were judged at as well as the GOE's."

Rosaleen

Medalist
Really? :think:

Seriously, it is *because* they will only be posted at the end of the event that I am asking Rosaleen who seems to have access to the protocols live.

I don't have time right now - just finished warm-up for the next group, but will post the detailed levels for the 2 teams before the end of the night.

Rosaleen

Medalist
9 Keauna McLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER - USA
Music Somewhere in Time her in light pink him in black
Lovely romantic start to the program / back straddle entrance to lift with lovely movement across ice and pos by her / sbs 2a right in front of me - very good / huge lateral 2tw / thr 3s - good distance step out on landing / back camels staret the sbs spins - perfect sync and matching pos until the change of foot and then at end when he did one more rev than her / spirals are nicely done / pair spin with her in Y pos to oppsing camels to sit - very good speed / bods with his leg over her on entrance with change of hands / great skate - just the step out on the sal - excellent unison and feeling for the music /
PB 55.30 TES 32.94 PCS 24.06 Tot 57.00 new pb currently 1st

lev 4 - lifts, spirals, pair spin / lev 3 - twist, sbs spin, death spiral

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Carolyn MACCUISH / Andrew EVANS - CAN
Music: Bolero from Moulin Rouge both in black with yellow diag band /
2 tw is clean / sbs 2f in good sync / thr 3s rotated almost had it then fell / back straddle entrance to lift to one hand with one hand setdown / spirals match well with quite good pos / sbs spins were mostly in sync - little out now and then - nice matching pos & good speed / bods with change of hand - excellent pos by her / pair spin is a little clumsy in the pos changes and his camel really needs work on the extension /
PB 44.42 TES 26.81 PCS 19.09 Ded 1.00 Tot 44.90 new PB currently 5th

lev 4 - spirals, death spiral, lift / lev 3 both spins / lev 2 twist

Last edited: