Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar

Blades of Glory promo!

Skaters on the skater-stars in the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUJFiP49nJw

Johnny doesn't look too offended to me!

That is a great promo.

Custom Title

Can't Wait

I can't wait for this one. It should be hilarious. I am glad the real figure skaters are in the spirit of it all.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Sasha - I love Chaz Michael Michael. He's very manly out there...

Thanks for sharing. I loved Sasha and Rudy's comments.

Rudy stole that promo / trailer. He is a neat guy.

Johnny's comments about the peacock, priceless, now let's see the exhibition in that outfit Johnny. I am sure he would wear it even better.

Rinkside

Blades of Glory Promo - exclusive photos and clips

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so I hope for a warm welcome (I'm very shy). I work at a PR firm, and one day, I was passing by a coworker's desk and noticed she was watching a Blades of Glory trailer. It turns out that my colleague's client is doing promotion with Blades of Glory and I offered to post something about it on GoldenSkate.

This is a Blades of Glory promotion with Radar. Go to www.radar.net/blades_of_glory and you can get exclusive footage and pictures from the movie.

You can also participate in Radar’s "dynamic duo” contest to win a Blades of Glory prize pack that includes an autographed movie poster, official soundtrack, T-shirts, limited-edition cereal box and more. All you have to do is:

1) Join Radar to get immediate access to exclusive Blades of Glory footage on your PC and mobile phone.

2) Upload pictures to your Radar account of your 'dynamic duo' – your friends, pets, toys, or anything else that makes a good pair.

3) From within Radar, click on one of your 'dynamic duo' photos and send it to bladesofglory@radar.net by using the "send by email" feature.

Radar is a service that allows you to quickly and easily share your cameraphone pictures and videos with your friends, who can instantly view and leave comments on what you post.

I hope you have fun with this promotional service.

Thanks all!
    ~Stacey

Thanks Stacky / Stacey!

Welcome to GS! So glad you came and posted!

Stacey, we are happy
    Stacey, that you joined us
    Stacey, please don't be shy
    Stacey, new member at GS

I'm not convinced that this film will be yet another put down of figure skating. I haven't seen it, so I may change that to a more positive look.

What with the SLC scandal, the drop in attendance, the macho attitude that it is a girly sport. How many guys will be nodding their head with laughter at the comics (and they are good) if it's overly feminine-like.

Joe

I've been noticing the ads on tv and am wondering. How much does anyone know about the show? Is it g or pg? I don't like to watch movies or anything provocative?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm not convinced that this film will be yet another put down of figure skating.Joe
    I agree. It is another opportunity to make the skating world look ridiculous. They won't be laughing "with" skating. They'll be laughing "at" skating. The difference is significant.

Custom Title

Oh Pleez.....

Let's get real here, there have been plenty of skating outfits that have been truly laughable. EVERY sport needs to have a sense of humor about itself. Kudos to the real skaters who have a strong enough sense of self to have participated in the trailer. I, for one, can't wait to see it. The sport may not survive the shenanigans of the ISU, but it will have no problem surviving this movie.

Once again I would ponder the effects that Ricky Bobby had on the NASCAR community. I honestly don't see this being a catalyst for FS popularity UNLESS it is followed up with something to KEEP interest. But it does bring attention and that COULD cause people to look into it, find the truth. What awaits them then?

So many "good ol sayings" come to mind about the ability to step back and laugh at yourself and not take things so seriously.

If you watch "Fly'n" Ryan and think for a moment he is not trying to have fun / be humorous.....???? How many on ice comedy "sketches" are there already, etc...?

I am sure they will be poking a little fun at the "oh so serious" personalities in the FS community as well.

And due to the fact there are a number of top notch FSers involved to some degree in the movie, I would say the movie will be "laugh WITH" - at least the ones who can separate them selves from the seriousness of the sport for a moment and just be entertained by the humorous side there is to FS. Just like most things in the world, there is a "silly" side to it. Love it for what it is, has been, could become....

Besides, I have faith that most people will differentiate the over exaggerated and the fact it is a "silly Will Farell flick" after all and not put to much value in it. see first sentence
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 03-16-2007 at 12:53 AM.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Looks dumb. I won't be going to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyla2 View Post
    Let's get real here, there have been plenty of skating outfits that have been truly laughable. EVERY sport needs to have a sense of humor about itself. Kudos to the real skaters who have a strong enough sense of self to have participated in the trailer. I, for one, can't wait to see it. The sport may not survive the shenanigans of the ISU, but it will have no problem surviving this movie.
    Well said, but this film is about making money for the producers et al and the protagonists. It is a comedy spoof of figure skating, and I think the macho men who see it will be in hysterics taking a manly look at this sport. They will take it as serious fun. Yeah. They will think this is what figure skating is all about.

I'm not so sure every sport needs a sense of humor as much as I believe every sport has a uniform and not sequins and spangles.

Joe

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast