Blades of Glory promo! | Golden Skate

Blades of Glory promo!

kyla2

Final Flight
Can't Wait

I can't wait for this one. It should be hilarious. I am glad the real figure skaters are in the spirit of it all.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Sasha - I love Chaz Michael Michael. He's very manly out there...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing. I loved Sasha and Rudy's comments.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Rudy stole that promo / trailer. He is a neat guy. :biggrin:

Johnny's comments about the peacock, priceless, now let's see the exhibition in that outfit Johnny.:agree: I am sure he would wear it even better.

Stacky

Spectator
Blades of Glory Promo - exclusive photos and clips

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so I hope for a warm welcome (I'm very shy). :) I work at a PR firm, and one day, I was passing by a coworker's desk and noticed she was watching a Blades of Glory trailer. It turns out that my colleague's client is doing promotion with Blades of Glory and I offered to post something about it on GoldenSkate.

This is a Blades of Glory promotion with Radar. Go to www.radar.net/blades_of_glory and you can get exclusive footage and pictures from the movie.

You can also participate in Radar’s "dynamic duo” contest to win a Blades of Glory prize pack that includes an autographed movie poster, official soundtrack, T-shirts, limited-edition cereal box and more. All you have to do is:

1) Join Radar to get immediate access to exclusive Blades of Glory footage on your PC and mobile phone.

2) Upload pictures to your Radar account of your 'dynamic duo' – your friends, pets, toys, or anything else that makes a good pair.

3) From within Radar, click on one of your 'dynamic duo' photos and send it to [email protected] by using the "send by email" feature.

Radar is a service that allows you to quickly and easily share your cameraphone pictures and videos with your friends, who can instantly view and leave comments on what you post.

I hope you have fun with this promotional service.

Thanks all!
~Stacey

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks Stacky / Stacey!

Welcome to GS! So glad you came and posted!:clap:

Stacey, we are happy
Stacey, that you joined us
Stacey, please don't be shy
Stacey, new member at GS

I'm not convinced that this film will be yet another put down of figure skating. I haven't seen it, so I may change that to a more positive look.

What with the SLC scandal, the drop in attendance, the macho attitude that it is a girly sport. How many guys will be nodding their head with laughter at the comics (and they are good) if it's overly feminine-like.

Joe

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I've been noticing the ads on tv and am wondering. How much does anyone know about the show? Is it g or pg? I don't like to watch movies or anything provocative?

waxel

Final Flight
I'm not convinced that this film will be yet another put down of figure skating.Joe

I agree. It is another opportunity to make the skating world look ridiculous. They won't be laughing "with" skating. They'll be laughing "at" skating. The difference is significant.

kyla2

Final Flight
Oh Pleez.....

Let's get real here, there have been plenty of skating outfits that have been truly laughable. EVERY sport needs to have a sense of humor about itself. Kudos to the real skaters who have a strong enough sense of self to have participated in the trailer. I, for one, can't wait to see it. The sport may not survive the shenanigans of the ISU, but it will have no problem surviving this movie.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Once again I would ponder the effects that Ricky Bobby had on the NASCAR community. I honestly don't see this being a catalyst for FS popularity UNLESS it is followed up with something to KEEP interest. But it does bring attention and that COULD cause people to look into it, find the truth. What awaits them then?

So many "good ol sayings" come to mind about the ability to step back and laugh at yourself and not take things so seriously.

If you watch "Fly'n" Ryan and think for a moment he is not trying to have fun / be humorous.....???? How many on ice comedy "sketches" are there already, etc...?

I am sure they will be poking a little fun at the "oh so serious" personalities in the FS community as well.:agree: ;)

And due to the fact there are a number of top notch FSers involved to some degree in the movie, I would say the movie will be "laugh WITH" - at least the ones who can separate them selves from the seriousness of the sport for a moment and just be entertained by the humorous side there is to FS. Just like most things in the world, there is a "silly" side to it. Love it for what it is, has been, could become....:agree:

Besides, I have faith that most people will differentiate the over exaggerated and the fact it is a "silly Will Farell flick" after all and not put to much value in it. see first sentence

Last edited:
Let's get real here, there have been plenty of skating outfits that have been truly laughable. EVERY sport needs to have a sense of humor about itself. Kudos to the real skaters who have a strong enough sense of self to have participated in the trailer. I, for one, can't wait to see it. The sport may not survive the shenanigans of the ISU, but it will have no problem surviving this movie.
Well said, but this film is about making money for the producers et al and the protagonists. It is a comedy spoof of figure skating, and I think the macho men who see it will be in hysterics taking a manly look at this sport. They will take it as serious fun. Yeah. They will think this is what figure skating is all about.

I'm not so sure every sport needs a sense of humor as much as I believe every sport has a uniform and not sequins and spangles.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
the macho men who see it will be in hysterics taking a manly look at this sport. They will take it as serious fun. Yeah. They will think this is what figure skating is all about.
Joe

But those macho men will never ever be swayed from their opinion - either because its enforced by a spoof film (come on guys the clue is in the words spoof here as to how close to reality it is), or if it is challenged by Evgeni Plushenko landing a 4/3/3 combination on their skulls.

I also don't think that macho men will be watching this film unless they're dragged kicking and screaming by their girlfriends.

Ant

the minority report agrees with you, but the overwhelming majority of viewers who are going in for a laugh at figure skating not with figure skating will have a ball.

Joe

kyla2

Final Flight
Now Guys...

Come on you guys-it's a comedy. If they want to do a really funny comedy on nurses (I'm a nurse), I will be first in line to see it. The real danger with Blades of Glory is that it might not be funny. NOW that would be a shame.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i liked the interviews on YouTUbe... really funny how they all kept it so seroius.

But honesty, how many of us figure skaters are actuallly gonna see this movie? I'm not. If Ice princess was terribly unrealistic and not true to real figure skating you can imajine this. The only thing that makes me even half consider it is i want to see sasha's cameo. But ia m sure it will be avalible in youtube.