Dance - Free Dance | Golden Skate

Dance - Free Dance

Rosaleen

Medalist
The 1st 2 teams have skated and I'll get them posted as soon as I can. 45 min between the Ladies Short and Free Dance is just not enough time to get everything done.

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Irina STORK / Taavi RAND - EST
Music: Charlie Chaplin Soundtrack / her in black with hot pink skirt him in grey pants with suspenders /
Midline steps shoed deep edges & good flow / lovely dancing to lyrical section / strt lift into curve lift with her vertical upside down / spin with her in catchfoot gets very slow / O ftwrk into rot lift - ended after their music but under the time / it was an enjoyable light-hearted dance that flowed very well /
PB 50.13 TES 26.21 PCS 21.24 tot 47.45 currently 1st
Lev 4 all 3 lifts / lev 1 - spin, O steps / lev 2 - midline

Rosaleen

Medalist
2 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST - SUI
Romero & Juliet soundtrack / beige shading to dark green him in brown pants/
Combo lift is fairly simple but well done / strt lift with her on his knees in catch foot / diag steps have a couple of nice highlights / curve lift with him in spread eagle her against his waist / sorry I missed the 1st elements of the dance /
PB n/a TES 26.79 PCS 21.08 tot 47.87 currently 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 4 strt lift / lev 1 both steps seq / lev 3 - rest

distracted

Spectator
"not enough time to get everything done?"

You mean like eat, stretch, go to the loo? You are a wonder.

3 big kudos :clap: :clap: :clap: and one gold medeal to Rosaleen for sharing the competition with us!

Rosaleen

Medalist
3 Danielle O'BRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN - AUS
Music: The King Swing, The Mask / her in bright fushia him in black pants & suspenders /
They got into starting position backwards and had to switch (to chuckles from the crowd ) Twiz matched well / O ftwrk moves very fast / rot lift with her upside down horz in catch foot / music is now business of love and their skating changes with it for diag steps - little slow but expressed the music well / low strt lift with her horz to ice / the mask now is the music spin is fast with her in catch foot then layback then upside down camel / one arm rotational lift ends the program / this was a fun skate /
PB 50.72 TES 26.21 PCS 21.59 ded 1.00 tot 46.80 currently 3rd in FD 1st overall /
Lev 4 strt & 2nd rot lifts / lev 1 diag steps & circ steps / lev 3 - spin / lev 2 - 1st rot lift

Rosaleen

Medalist
4 Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY - SVK
Music: Volare, A Mi Manera by Gypsy Kings / her in red with yellow at hem of skirt & black elbow gloves him in red shirt with yellow sash at waist /
Music has crowd clapping loudly as they do their O ftwrk / rot lift with her around his neck / music changes and softens and slows - spin makes nice shapes / one ft strt lift into spread eagle curve lift / twizzles matched well / music picks up again and so does the crowd - diag steps are a little slow and some reaching for each other / low strt lift with her horz to ice /
PB 45.59 TES 27.48 PCS 22.65 ded 1.00 tot 49.13 currently 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 4 - rot lift - strt lift + curv / lev 1 - both steps / lev 3 - last lift & spin

Skatie

On the Ice
I'm coming out of my usual lurking to say thanks for all your commentary and play by play. Much appreciated. It's like being there - but without the schnitzel! Thanks! :clap: :rock: :agree:

Rosaleen

Medalist
5 Leigh ROGERS / Lloyd JONES - GBR
Music: Nightmare before Christmas, Corpse Bride / him in grey striped pants & black tails her in silver bodice with elbow gloves & multi-coloured shredded skirt /
Strt lift with her upside down vertically on his back him in arabesque - just great / there was a fall in front of me - think it was going into the rot lift but not sure / they're completely in char of the music / O ftwrk seemed to have a bit of an awkward moment in the holds / curve into rot lift is nicely done /
PB 56.50 TES 27.69 PCS 24.28 ded 1.00 tot 50.97 currently 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 4 - all lifts / lev 2 - diag steps / lev 1 - rest

Rosaleen

Medalist
6 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK - CZE
Once upon a time in mexico, wild time / both in black, ½ her dress is gold brocade /
Dramatic opening included strt lift / diag steps flowed well / music change - softer, melodic for O ftwrk that expresses it well / spin with her in catchfoot then changes to another version of catch foot / she fell skating backwards - don't think on an element / he fell starting the curve lift and dropped her (shades of Dub/Lau) but they both got up and took their bows / a disasterous skate for them /
PB 54.57 TES 27.89 PCS 24.64 ded 3.00 tot 49.53 currently 2nd in FD 2nd overall /
Lev 4 - 1st lift , spin, serp lift / lev 2 both steps / lev 1 curve lift (that they fell on )

Rosaleen

Medalist
7 Ekaterina ZAIKINA / Otar JAPARIDZE - GEO
Music: Georgian folk music / her in white with silver him in matching shirt & black pants / good speed & flow for O ftwrk / now some chor & posing as much smooths out then some dancing / strt lift with her in catch foot change to curve lift - nicely done / music change again and it picks up for midline steps - think they got out on twiz - crowd is clapping (or some of them ) / rot lift with her resting on his back - different and nice to see /
PB 61.07 TES 29.73 PCS 25.67 tot 55.40 currently 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 4 - all except : lev 2 - cir steps / lev 1 midline steps

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Krisztina BARTA / Adam TOTH - HUN
Toccata 7 Fugue / her in bright lime green with bare middle him in black with green accents /
Twizzles matched on 1st one a little out on 2nd / rot lift / O ftwrk included matching twiz - seemed to flow quite well / nice curve lift with her upside down / midline steps - think a little slip by her 2/3 way through / strt lift with her horz to ice / some nice dancing to end the program /
PB 57.27 TES 28.95 PCS 26.38 tot 55.33 currently 2nd in FD 1st overall
Lev 2 - circ steps / lev 1 - midline steps / lev 4 - rest

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Camilla SPELTA / Marco GARAVAGLIA - ITA
Music: Hair musical / lime green & yellow tie die tops with blue jeans & blue jean skirt /
Nice twiz to start into comb lift / some nice dancing into O ftwrk that flows well including matching twiz / upside down strt lift with him in lunge / there's some nice accents in here but a little too much stroking but I don't care - this music is nostalgic for me  / diag steps were in close hold with good edges / crowd is clapping to let the sunshine in - fast rot lift with change of pos / that was fun! /
PB 64.54 TES 30.12 PCS 27.22 tot 57.34 gr tot 123.87 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 4 - lifts / lev 3 - twiz / lev 2 - steps

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT - USA
I got rhythm by Gershwin / her in turquoise him in burgundy /
Low strt lift / diag steps with nice edges & curves & close together / hydro blade move by both of them / music changes and some dancing in place while the crowd cheers / upside down curve lift / sync twiz with arms overhead match / O ftwrk very close together with deep edges / combo lift - strt into rot / this was another fun program and the crowd was right into it /
PB 58.55 TES 34.53 PCS 28.89 tot 63.43 gr tot 133.91 cur 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 3 - curve lift / lev 4 - rest

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Nadezhda FROLENKOVA / Mikhail KASALO - UKR
Music: Quixote, Kismet by Bond / her in white with black vertical lines on one side him in black /
Moving very fast across the ice - nice sync twiz and fast rot lift / O ftwrk slows down a fair bit not unreasonably - flows quite well in close holds / strt lift into rot lift - nicely done / diag steps - little far apart at times - nice matching lines though / curve lift with her in back-bend / they moved very fast between the elements but a lot of it was upper body movement and they were just stroking /
PB 62.89 TES 31.03 PCS 29.96 tot 60.99 gr tot 131.19 cur 2nd in FD 2nd overall
Lev 2 - both steps & 1st half of combo lift / lev 4 - rest

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER - CAN
Music: Capone by Hardiman / him in black with white suspenders & red tie her in black /
Nice close bluesy dance / comb lift with her upside down to rot lift - nice / spin is excellent - good pos & right with music / one arm rot lift / midline steps very close holds and matching pos - with music / some fast dancing into O ftwrk that shows great edges - sorry I can't keep up with writing what they're doing / I know I'm biased but this is just a fantastic dance so completely in character of the music and something happening all the time. They finish with a stationary rot lift (think spin with him in sit and her not touching the ice ) - unique and very hard to describe.
PB 64.28 TES 31.63 PCS 31.28 tot 62.91 gr tot 136.09 cur 2nd in FD 1st overall
Lev 2 - both steps / lev 3 - spin & last lift / lev 4 - rest

Rosaleen

Medalist
14 Joanna BUDNER / Jan MOSCICKI - POL
Music: Aladdin soundtrack / both in bright bright sea green
Twizzles match well / 2ft curve lift with her in beillman / next lift with him in lunge almost comes to a stop / some dancing in place that is perfect with the music - almost a characture of steotypical hand movements / I'm getting behind again / fast rotational lift to end the program /
PB 62.27 TES 30.24 PCS 28.84 tot 59.08 gr tot 126.01 4th in FD 4th overall
Lev 4 - twiz strt lift, rot lift / lev 3 - serp lift / lev 2 - steps

Rosaleen

Medalist
15 Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL - USA
Canto Alta Vita by Josh Groban both in shades of blue with bit of orange trim
Serp steps are excellent - interpret the music and match beautifully / curve lift / then strt lift with him in spiral hold her underneath him / I think I missed the twiz / midline - very nice - close holds & matching lines again / serp lift with changes of pos - him in spread eagles / him in hydro blade and her leaning back over him - nice move /
PB 73.10 TES 35.01 PCS 35.02 tot 70.03 gr tot 145.24 1st in FD 1st overall
Lev 4 on everything except midline steps which were a lev 3