Katherine Hadford | Golden Skate

Katherine Hadford

clonesheep

Rinkside
While reading Rosaleen's excellent report of Junior Worlds it struck me that a "Katherine Hadford" who is now skating for Hungary might have been the same Hadford who used to compete in the U.S., even making it to U.S. senior Nationals one year but finished near the bottom.

I remember that skater because she had gorgeous layback spins, again just like what Rosaleen described. Can anyone confirm (or refute) that this is indeed the same Katie Hadford?

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I saw Katherine in Zagreb.
Many people say she is not a great jumper. I don't think so. She doesn't have those 3-3 combos or clean triples, but she rotates so fast... When she's going into a jump, I think "is she going to a single? She can't do anything out of that..."
...but she finds the right moment to jump..and somehow.....bingo. :agree: And if you don't see the slow motion, then trust me-there's absolutley no way you will see her jump was under rotated.
And you must admit, she skates BEAUTIFLY. :bow: :clap:
So...I don't know what else to say appart of....Go go Katy Hadford! :rock:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the SP, Kati underrotated the 3S in her 3S2T combo and also underrotated the 3F. Her component scores were all in the low 4s except for transitions, which was in the high 3s.

In her FS, she attempted only two triples, both salchows, but both were underrotated. She also underrotated a 2F and a 2L, and singled her axel. She got level4 on her spiral sequence, but her other spins were rated 3s and 2s. For her FS, all her coponent scores were in the 3s. She scored 55 and change and finished last in the FS.