Thread: High School Musical On Ice

News High School Musical On Ice

This article was on my homepage this morning:

`High School Musical' Hits the Ice

LOS ANGELES - It's a hit TV movie, a quadruple-platinum CD, a touring live concert and a top-selling DVD. Now, "High School Musical" is hitting the ice.

"Disney's High School Musical: The Ice Tour" will open August 31 in Lakeland, Fla., and travel to at least 100 cities in the next year, Disney officials said Tuesday.

"`High School Musical' has been a smash hit in virtually every area of the entertainment spectrum," said Thomas Schumacher, president of Walt Disney Co.'s Disney Theatrical Productions. "The ice tour celebrates the fun and music in a whole new way."

The production will feature "some of the world's most talented skaters" performing music from the "High School Musical" soundtrack, said Nicole Feld of Feld Entertainment, the production company behind the ice show.

"With the ice as the dance floor, this event will be an unprecedented twist on a fan favorite," she said.

Tickets for the U.S. dates will be available April 2.

You have got to be kidding me.......

Can those kids even skate?

Custom Title
    This was advertised on the radio this morning for a performance in Lakeland, FL.

Ballroom Baby
    Uh...they're hiring skaters, cloudkicker. Actually my coach just got the call from Disney that they liked her audition and want to hire her, but they didn't say what part (or line, though she auditioned for principle) they're offering her yet.