Tonya Harding - here we go yet again... | Golden Skate

Tonya Harding - here we go yet again...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
didn't someone ask where Tonya was in the news during nationals? apparently worlds is the time for her this year

CourtTV just reported that Tonya Harding called the police recently saying people were following her. They investigated and could not find anything to suggest she was being followed...

later that same day another woman called saying that tonya was 'tweaking out' police arrived and Tonya was apparently hallucinating... she said she could seen animals...

off to find some report online

ETA: here we go
http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=4&section_id=603&story_id=9333
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003618824_harding15m.html?syndication=rss

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Animals?:rofl:
Ice skating horses coming for revenge?:laugh:

"She is scaring my children!":laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considered being the operative word

I looked up to her too, till 94.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
considered being the operative word

I looked up to her too, till 94.

Well, even before the Nancy/Tonia incident (for lack of a better word) I never liked Tonia´s skating/person on the ice. Hmm, have to admit that I was not a fan of Nancy either.

I'm with gio on this. Let her be. She was born into a dysfunctional family of no means and was not able to rise above it. Sad.

Joe

megsk8z

On the Ice
I'm not very thrilled with her behavior in the past, but tweaking isn't funny and she's going to die if she doesn't get some help.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder what kind of medication she's on??

Dee

Linny

Final Flight
Tweaking

I'd never heard of it before either, so I googled and found this:

The most dangerous stage of meth abuse for abusers, medical personnel, and law enforcement officers is called "tweaking." A tweaker is a heavy Meth user who probably has not slept in 3-15 days and is irritable and paranoid. Tweakers often behave or react violently and if a tweaker is using alcohol or another depressant, his negative feelings and associated dangers intensify. The tweaker craves more meth, but no dosage will help re-create the euphoric high, which causes frustration, and leads to unpredictability and potential for violence

at http://www.stopdrugs.org/tweaking.html

Interestingly enough, that definition applies it specifically to meth users while the reports made it sound like Tonya is a prescription medication user. Guess it's become, for law enforcement officers, a generic term for a type of behavior among drug users.

Linny

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'd never heard of it before either, so I googled and found this:

at http://www.stopdrugs.org/tweaking.html

Interestingly enough, that definition applies it specifically to meth users while the reports made it sound like Tonya is a prescription medication user. Guess it's become, for law enforcement officers, a generic term for a type of behavior among drug users.

Linny

Thanks for the explanation - that explains a lot.

Ant

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I guess it doesn't matter much at this stage, but I never believed she had anything to do with the attack on Nancy. It seems that she just associated with the wrong people, and they did a number on her.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Tonya Harding may succumb to drugs the way Anna Nicole Smith did...if she isnt careful.

orchid

On the Ice
What is even more tragic than this post headline is that, Tonya does have skating fans in this forum and I don't believe she knows this.

Remember the skating - let her know you remember.