Liang Becomes Eligible for Senior Grand Prixs | Golden Skate

Liang Becomes Eligible for Senior Grand Prixs

WOW!!! This gal is the heir apparent to win the US Nationals more than once.

and she may well upset the applecart this year at the Grand Prix and qualify for the Finals. I could believe it right now.

Joe

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
GPF this year? She still skates like a little girl. She was cute at Nationals, but I didn't think she had command of the ice that would bring her to that level just yet.

jozmen01

Rinkside
I agree - she still skates a young girl. She'll need to improve her presentation to make it to the podium let alone the GPF.

dizzydi

On the Ice
Beatrisa Liang

After reading that article, it sounds like at barely 15 she already had one hip injury. I wouldn't be counting up the medals just yet!

Dizzy

Just think of the last 3 Oly Golds. All 16 or almost:

Oksana - Cute, dimpled, dress upped like a Bolshoi Ballerina twice her age imitating what a ballerina would do on ice if she had toe picks. Darling!

Tara - Couldn't be cuter, flutzing around the ice without any edges and looking like Shirley Temple in her pink dress. How precocious!

Sarah - A big 16 girl with carefully laid plans to do her best. - Actually more mature than the 2 previous.

So either I am a bitch or I'm trying to prove a point that little girls skate like little girls and they win Gold!

Rock On Bebe!

Joe

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Joe - Funny - If there were roll'n emoticons, they'd be inserted here. Point made ... and living up to the Forum Diplomat title!

Your point aside, I say Bebe isn't going to be at the GPF this year or on the US Nationals podium.

S

SkateFan4Life

Liang has really blossomed into a lovely young lady, and she's grown considerably this past season. She could definitely be a major factor for the upcoming competitive season, and she could be in the hunt for one of the medals at US Nationals.

Go for it!! ;)

shine

Record Breaker
I think making the top three at Nationals is still too far fetched a hope for her this year, let alone placing in top 6 in the GP series. I agree, she still skates like a little girl despite her apparent musicality and emerging style (her SP from the past season gave me chills!). She needs to get deeper down into her knees and stroke with more power like a sernior lady. Her jumps could also use more energy.
There's much room for improvements but the potential and talent really can't be denied! She has "it" IMO.

Also I don't agree with what Joe said about the previous Oly gold winners. Oksana Baiul was 16 but she skated with more power, elegance, and musicality than few other older ladies could ever dream of. And to say Tara skated with no edges is not very accurate IMO. Aside from her 3/3 she also had great power and better than average basics. At least one thing was apparent, she skated and had spins much faster than the silver medalist at the time.

Last edited: