Meissner apparently feels "no pressure" | Golden Skate

Meissner apparently feels "no pressure"

R.D.

Record Breaker
yeah, I didn't want to say anything initially but I don't like the way this sounds. Mao sounds ready to kick butt and I'm sure Miki is doing the same. On the US end Meissner seems to be ok but downplaying pressure and Em is promising some "magical" 3-3 which I'm sure will just pop up when needed.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
yeah, I didn't want to say anything initially but I don't like the way this sounds. Mao sounds ready to kick butt and I'm sure Miki is doing the same. On the US end Meissner seems to be ok but downplaying pressure and Em is promising some "magical" 3-3 which I'm sure will just pop up when needed.

Where did u read that Em is going for her 'magical' 3-3? Has she ever attempted in competitions?

R.D.

Record Breaker
I forgot where but someone posted some article stating that she was practicing them and may attempt one at Worlds. She'd better if she wants a medal, too.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i read an article this morning where she says that her triple axel is good one day and off the next. I guess that means it is not going in unless her landing percentage goes upi by the LP or if the situation a dire.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't think she'll do it. Not unless Mao skates before her and completely blows the arena up. And like she said, she's already got 2 3-3's so even without the 3A it's not like she's being conservative or anything. Still a strong chance.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
i read an article this morning where she says that her triple axel is good one day and off the next. I guess that means it is not going in unless her landing percentage goes upi by the LP or if the situation a dire.

I like Kimmie, but all the talk about her 3A drives me absolutely bananas. She 'landed' a 'cheated' 3A two years ago at U.S. Nationals, and has only tried once since then. The one she attempted and fell on at TEB was downgraded.

Every competiton, she and her coach would fan this media frenzy on that mysterious 3A. It's almost like there's really nothing to write about her except speculating on whether she'll try that 3A.

There is NO, absolutely NO evidence that she is capable of landing a true, fully rotated 3A, even in practice. Remember if you count underrotated 3A, even 13-year-old Junior Mirai landed one and it's actually documented on tape!!

Stop talking about 3A, Kimmie.:clap:

Last edited:
I hope she's prepared for the Japanese media. She will not be a favorite with them, but they certainly will want to cover the rival to all their sweethearts.

Good luck, Kimmie!

satorare

Match Penalty
Meissner can't hide big pressures on her. If she crumbles like at TEB, the US may lose three spots for ladies. Such a possibility is almost zero for Japan.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Meissner can't hide big pressures on her. If she crumbles like at TEB, the US may lose three spots for ladies. Such a possibility is almost zero for Japan.

Kimmie has proved she can handle pressure. I don't recall her crumbling ever. She did not win every event but what skater did. Her chances of medaling and/or winning Worlds is a real possibility.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
There is NO, absolutely NO evidence that she is capable of landing a true, fully rotated 3A, even in practice.

Um, yeah, there is. I forget what competition it was, maybe one of the Cheesefests this year, Kimmie landed a GORGEOUS, fully rotated triple axel in the warm-up. I don't have the video but I know someone who might, I'll try to get ahold of it. I know I'm not the only one who saw it, the boards were full of people commenting on how beautiful it was.

satorare

Match Penalty
I recall one of Meissner's 3/3 was downgraded at 2005 NHK trophy. According to a phone interview with Japanese media, she is planning two 3/3s in her free program (not sure about 3A at this point). It's nice to make sure fully rotating toeloops.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I recall one of Meissner's 3/3 was downgraded at 2005 NHK trophy. According to a phone interview with Japanese media, she is planning two 3/3s in her free program (not sure about 3A at this point). It's nice to make sure fully rotating toeloops.

She really needs to fully rotate those 3+3 first before considering 3A. Her axel technique is making me very nervous.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Kimmie has proved she can handle pressure. I don't recall her crumbling ever. She did not win every event but what skater did. Her chances of medaling and/or winning Worlds is a real possibility.

UH what are you talking about? Kimmie hasn't had a clean competition this season...And she crumbled at the Olympics. The only competition she's been clean at was (Worlds last year).

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
UH what are you talking about? Kimmie hasn't had a clean competition this season...And she crumbled at the Olympics. The only competition she's been clean at was (Worlds last year).

I wouldn't say she crumbled at the Olympics. No, she didn't have two perfect performances, but its not like she had total meltdowns, either.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Yu-Na and Mao ;-)

You better check your facts. IIRC Kimmie beat Asada at Skate America. Asada also has fallen on her 3axle and I can't remember off the top of my head but I am sure Yu-Na has fallen and made mistakes too. My point being Kimmie, Asada and Kim have not skated every program clean.

As far as Kimmie crumbling at the Olympics I will quote another poster "what planet are you living on". To be honest with you I would be happy to see any of the top ladies win gold including Kimmie.