Tooth Problem Again | Golden Skate

Tooth Problem Again

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
After nearly one year my root canaled tooth is bothering me!!! It was really aching tonight. I finally gave in and took a couple of Advil. I am not supposed to take advil as that is what gave me an ulcer last Spring when I took too much for my back pain and tooth pain. I can't beleive my tooth is acting up again. I have read quite a bit of material about root canal failure. Has anyone at Golden Skate experienced root canal failure? If so, What did you do?

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Can't help you with the failure, other than maybe you need a new dentist.
For the pain, try oil of cloves, but use sparingly, that stuff really burns!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sorry about your tooth.

My experience with root canal work was over ten years ago, not sure if the
technique is more advanced now or not. The end result for me was that I had to have the tooth extracted. At that time my dentist told me that there was a 50-50 chance that the root canal would be successful or the alternative was that I could have the tooth extracted instead. I took my chances but unfortunately for me it did not work. I went through a lot of visits and pain to save my tooth and if I had to do it over again I would have had the extraction instead of the root canal.

flying camel

Medalist
I had a bad root canal failure. I ended up changing dentist. But the damage was done. I got a bad abscess around the tooth. I just recently had to have the tooth extracted. It was the last resort. The dentist tried treating me with medication first. But nothing worked. Good Luck.