Therapy | Golden Skate

Therapy

L

Ladskater

Therapy

I know everyones' focus is on the war and world events; coverage is on every tv station as well but don't forget to take some time out for yourself to refelct on more peaceful thoughts.

Watch skating and tapes you have made
Go skating - maybe take lessons if you have always wanted to
Read a book
Go to a movie
Get together with friends
Play music or have a singalong
Go for a walk or a hike
Discover Poetry
Go to a play
Watch your favorite tv show or comedy
Take a small trip
Take up a hobby

Any other suggestions?

"All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance" - The beatles

Ladskater

T

tharrtell

Re: Therapy

- run - keeps me sane.
- music
- dumb reality TV - I was pleasantly surprised that Survivor was on this evening - nice little break from reality
- connect with friends/family - also keeps me sane

L

Ladskater

tharrtell:

I watched "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" Had some laughs!

Ladskater

B

Blue Bead

Put pen to paper writing out your own first person accounts of all the things you want to tell your children and grandchildren about your own life and the times we live in.
Believe me it is something that they will cherish in later years when you are no longer on this planet!

Mary C.

S

sk8cynic

Find your favorite novel (the longer the better; mine's gwtw), run a bubble bath, lock the spouse and kids out (if you have them), and soak up with a book.

Find a project around the house that needs to be done (Ie., organinzing that box of photographs you've been avoid for years). I did this during the Gulf War, and had some great laughs, as well as remembering some priceless times with family and friends.

T

tharrtell

Lad, I'm not a huge fan of TV (unless one of my favorite sports is being televised which isn't all that often because I'm not a fan of the 'popular' sports), but sometimes it is the perfect, mindless escape. Right now, I've got the news running in the background which just might end up driving me crazy, but I can't seem to turn it off!

tharrtell

R

rgirl181

Blue Bead,
I love your suggestion. As my parents got older and I got wiser;) there was so much I wanted to know about their lives. But by the time I got around to asking them, they either weren't interested in talking about it or they couldn't remember much. I'm lucky to still have my mother and occasionally she will recall a little story, which is great, but she's at that age where she's much more interested in telling me what she had for lunch. I'm not criticizing--I know I'll be there, too--I'm just sorry I know so little about my parents' lives.
Rgirl

G

Grgranny

I sure hope that's not the way I am. I have started a memo of things that happened but it is more for my siblings as I am the oldest and there are a lot of things I remember that they wouldn't. And the way things are going I will be the last to go as I have already lost the two youngest ones.

D

dlksk8fan

rgirl I know how you feel about not knowing much about your parents lives. My dad died 24 years ago without telling me too much about his family. I always regret not getting the facts but who would of known that he wouldn't be around when I wanted to really find out.

About a year ago I posted a message in ancestry.com about looking for any one with my last name. A cousin of mine which I never knew contacted me. He is doing research about my dad's side of the family and has provided me with a lot of information. I now have a fat file with information about my dad's side of the family. It has been very interesting to find out things I never knew and to see pictures of people that look like me and my dad.

S

sk8m8

great suggestion, cynic. Especially the GWTW idea. I live in Georgia and there is nothing like cracking that large tome open in the springtime so you can see and smell all the things Ms Mitchell wrote about as they unfold aroud you. And yes, the clay really is that red!

G

Grgranny

I was so lucky. I not only had all my grandparents until I was in my 20's and 30's but I had 3 great grandmothers until I was 14 or so. We lived on the same farm as my Dad's parents but my Mother's were 3 miles away in town. It was neat to go there too as they had electricity and running water. They even had a BATHTUB.
:rollin:

D

dlksk8fan

Grgranny you were lucky. The only grandparent I had was my mom's mom and she died when I was 14yrs old.

S

Show 42

When the going gets tough I get to "gardening"....pulling weeds, cleaning out flower beds, watering, planting new plants does it for me........42

G

Grgranny

Can't do it now in Kansas. Too wet. Had an unusually wet March. Over 3 inches!! And it's not very warm either. But tomorrow - wow - in the 70's. :eek:

S

Show 42

...GrGranny.......how about a "water garden"....:D 42

K

Kasey

Since I've been sick this week, my "therapy" has been sleep!