View Poll Results: who's gonna win 2010 olympics?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • jeffrey buttle

28 9.52%
  • brian joubert

53 18.03%
  • johnny weir

30 10.20%
  • evan lysacek

19 6.46%
  • stefan lambiel

40 13.61%
  • daisuke takahashi

77 26.19%
  • nobunari oda

11 3.74%
  • others

36 12.24%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: who's gonna win 2010 olympic part two

On the Ice

who's gonna win 2010 olympic part two

now that 2010 is coming up in the next two years, i think it's safe to make predictions cuz spontaneous improvements won't happen cuz of the CoP system. it enforces it, but so far, no one is making it happen.

Tripping on the Podium
    Hmm, I don't think that's entirely true.

Everyone has been hopping around in results the last two years, I think. Tomas Verner's scores, for example, have risen substantially. There are new skaters to the Senior Level that could do the same. Lambiel and Joubert also have had some result jumps in either direction. Weir hasn't been doing as well, Lysacek is a wild card (it's hard to tell where he'll place most of the time). There are also skaters that may or may not develop the quad consistantly in that time.

And your poll doesn't include Plushenko! He might go for two Olympic titles, you never know.

Custom Title
    I think it should be among Joubert, Lambiel, Takahashi, and Plushenko. I chose Joubert. I love Lambiel's skating more but he has the triple axel issue, I don't know if he could overcome it by that time. Also I'm not sure if he will have the motivation issue again in 2010. Both Joubert and Lambiel have better quad abilities than Takahashi, but Takahashi has the ability to out skate them like in this Worlds. Plushenko will be a bit too old by 2010 if he decides to go to Vancouver. He will skate well, he will do the quad, but I don't know if he will still win the title. I think in general, the quad rules.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 03-25-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I voted for Brian, Daisuke and Johnny.

Dee

Banned
    Plushenko and Verner should also be poll options, in fact if you wanted to limit it to 7 they would have made more sense then either Buttle or Weir at this point.

Tripping on the Podium
    Actually, I'd say Plushenko and Verner would be good choices for additions to the poll. However, I'd remove Oda instead of Buttle especially; he finished ahead of him this year. His short program meltdown, if repeated at an Olympics, would be utterly fatal to a chance at medals.

Buttle, on the other hand, is entirely unpredictable at this point. He had a good showing for such a short season; his training was also halved due to his injury.

All in all, I still feel it's too early to make a decision on the winner. These boys are always full of surprises.

Custom Title
    I´ll vote for "others": Tomas Verner
    Last edited by Jaana; 03-28-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Rinkside
    Hopefully Daisuke! :D

Rinkside
    I would love to see Johnny Weir win, if not the gold at least something. Realisticly, I think Lambiel or Plushenko.

I have to disagree... with CoP you never flipping know who will come out and win the deal...

Custom Title
    BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN!

Custom Title

Plushenko or Brian

Plushenko and Brian appear to be technically strongest. Lambiel would also be very competitive if he comes to feel strongly about winning. Takahashi would be strongest in steps and presentation skills. But he has been said to have a "glass heart" that crashes under pressure. He says that he is getting better handling the pressure. But it may be a bit difficult to totally control the nature in such a big event. His spins and jumps also appear to be less secure.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    It seems to me that Takahashi has the determination and humility to overcome any obstacles in his way.

And I will be upset if he doesn't win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    It seems to me that Takahashi has the determination and humility to overcome any obstacles in his way.
    I do hope so, too...! Let's be optimistic then

GO Daisuke.
    GO Stefan.
    GO Jeff

Banned
    If Lambiel lands all his jumps cleanly and not downgraded(eg-not doing a double axel instead of a triple or something like that), in both the short and free programs I predict he will win gold at the next Olympics. In fact I am almost certain if he does both a clean short and free he will win the next Olympics. Plushenko at 27 wont be the invincible force he was at 23. I could never see Lambiel landing all his jumps and losing to Joubert, Takahashi, Oda, Buttle, Lysacek, or Verner, it is pretty much impossible to imagine any of those beating him landing all his jumps no matter how well they skate. So I am going to go on record as saying if Lambiel lands all his jumps cleanly in both the short and free at the next Olympics he will win the gold almost for sure.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast