View Poll Results: who's gonna win 2010 olympics?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • jeffrey buttle

28 9.52%
  • brian joubert

53 18.03%
  • johnny weir

30 10.20%
  • evan lysacek

19 6.46%
  • stefan lambiel

40 13.61%
  • daisuke takahashi

77 26.19%
  • nobunari oda

11 3.74%
  • others

36 12.24%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: who's gonna win 2010 olympic part two

Rinkside
    I'd like joubert to win the match

Welocome to Golden Skate, Janetniu. Thanks for joining us.

Banned
    I would take Buttle and Weir off the poll altogether and replace them with Verner and Plushenko.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Welocome to Golden Skate, Janetniu. Thanks for joining us.

it is real a long time that i dont watch any match,now,i have more time to jion you,join the match~~~

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    I would take Buttle and Weir off the poll altogether and replace them with Verner and Plushenko.
    i think it is hard to plushenko to win the match,though i like him very much~~

Tripping on the Podium
    You know jourbet have got 4 flip,this is incredible.In a word,no quads,no medals!

Tripping on the Podium
    Someone (can't remember which poster) posted that Plushenko would be too old for another OGM, at the tender age of 27 (which is probably true) and then suggested Buttle as the next OGM, but isn't Buttle the same age as Plushenko?

According to their biographies at ISU.org, Buttle is born 01-09-82 and Plushenko is born 03-11-82. Unless these facts are incorrect then...

In fact, Buttle is slightly older, hehe!
    Last edited by Vitacus; 07-25-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    As for the poll, it's really hard to predict and logically the battle is probably going to be between Takahashi, Lambiel, Joubert and Weir....

I'm not ruling out Plushenko nor Buttle, but realisticly it's much harder on the body at the age of 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitacus View Post
    As for the poll, it's really hard to predict and logically the battle is probably going to be between Takahashi, Lambiel, Joubert and Weir....

I'm not ruling out Plushenko nor Buttle, but realisticly it's much harder on the body at the age of 27.
    Good post. You are not listing your favorite as so many others are, but analyzing the field. Good job!!!

Joe

Custom Title

Buttle is a lovely skater

[QUOTE=Ladskater;254315]
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleaxel View Post
    I find it funny when people say Buttle is a possible OGM candidate. That's ridiculous. That's just me though. IQUOTE]

Why does this sound ridiculous? Jeff is already a Bronze Olympic medalist from the 2006 Games in Turin.
    Jeff Buttle skates beautifully. He has won the Olympic Bronze and deserved it too. He connects his jumps with such elegant moves. He has been training hard, put on some muscle and is working on the quads. He has a gorgeous style on the ice and he is adorable. He certainly is no robot.

Custom Title

Plushenko's knees

Quote Originally Posted by janetniu View Post
    i think it is hard to plushenko to win the match,though i like him very much~~
    Didn't Plushenko have surgery on his knees recently? I hope he stays at home , he has already won an Olympic gold medal. I'd rather see someone win it who hasn't already won it. Also I hope Yags stays home too.

I voted for Johnny, but I think Jeff Buttle also has a good chance of being on the podium.

What about Mishin's young student Artur Gachinksi. He just turned 14 and he already has the triple axel. Plus, with Mishin as his coach, he's more than likely to get the quad amongst other things. He won't be eligible for the Olympics, but I think he will be a factor.

Rinkside

Don't count out johnny

With Johnny Weirs new focus. I he can get that quad, he will be right up there in 2010

I voted for Brian Joubert as he's my fav, but it's really hard to know who's gonna win. Here's my annalysis:

Brian Joubert: The olympics come at the right time of he's carriere, the time when he'll be at his technical and artistic best. Artisticly he's got Yagudin-style pontential, but doesn't tend to bring it out, although since he's started working with Kurt browning, he's starting to open up, and this year's SP is a masterpiece. I hope he continues to open up artisticly and that he'll he'll come up with programs that really suite him, but if he doesn't, he'll suffer on componants against Lambiel and Takahashi. Mentally he's stronger, but he's still prone to stress. Technicaly, his jumps are perfect, he just needs to make his quads more regular, his spins and footwork are getting better.

Stépahne Lambiel: One of the most complete skaters. Artisticly, he's the best, but he should try and innovate more and work with different choreographers to and more to his artistry as not to bore us by 2010 with too much of the same. In that respect his Flamenco program is great. Jump wise, he's got a solid quad, a tatrumous triple axel and some very good other jumps, but he needs to gain in regularity. His spins and footwork are both artisticly and technicly brilliant assuring him a minimum amount of points. This is important as Stephane is, mentaly, a very fragile skater and he rarely does a clean LP

Daisuke Takahashi: Definitly a serious contender. Artisticly, he has flare like Stéphane Lambiel, but doesn't always brign it out. Technicly, there's not much to say, he's great at everything. Mentaly he's very strong too, so I really believe he'll be at least a medalist in 2010.

Thomas Verner: This guy's capable of anything, the best and the worse. He's got a lot of work to to artisticly because, although he's very good, he isn't as good as those mentioned previously, but is capable of it. A special mention for his footwork and his jumps are pretty cool too. I think he needs to gain in maturity if he wants to be a serious competitor and not just a wild card.

Evan Lysacek: Mentaly, h'es stable. But to be quite honest, I think he's a bore and I'm not sure the judges would willing give him a medal unless the others skate really bad. His tendacy to be a little arrogant plays against him though. (Mind you, Plushenko was even more arrogant when he was young, and now he's olympic champ)

Jeffrey Buttle: Lately he hasn't been as mentaly solid as he used to be. Artisticly, although I personaly really hate his style, he one of the best rated skaters. Technicly, he's got good spins and footwork but his jumps aren't so good. They're not awful, but still need working on. Jeff needs to take more risks though.

Johnny Weir: I really love this skater, but he's very irregular and cable of the best and the worst. If he progresses and skates probably, he really stands a chance of getting a medal, but he really needs to gain in regularity and needs to land the quad.

Then one has to take into acount the apparent return of Plush and Yagudin.

Plushenko needs to get bake into shape.
    Yagudin needs to get his quad back and adapt to the new system, which won't be easy for him.

Here's the podium I wish for:
    1 Brian Joubert
    2 Alexei Yagudin
    3 Tomas Verner

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast