Ice Dance Class - New York/CT Area | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Class - New York/CT Area

RoaringMice

On the Ice
The Hickory Hill FSC, based out of the Harvey School rink in Katonah, NY, is offering a "Learn to Ice Dance" class on Sunday mornings. It begins 1 April, and ends 4 June, from 10:45am-12:00. Time includes both class and practice ice.

You'd need to have at least some preliminary skating skills, but skaters from relative beginner to advanced, who want to learn to dance, have been in this class. All ages traditionally participate - kids through adults - so no need to be shy.

The class is usually taught by an elite level, internationally competitive (Worlds and/or Olympics) ice dancer who is skilled at coaching both children and adults. I strongly believe that will be the case again this year.

You'll also be skating on the same ice as some elite level ice dancers - as well as lots of relative beginners, such as myself. You'll see some famous coaches while you're there.

It's a fun ice dance session, and I took this class when I was first starting out. I highly recommend it.

The cost is $180 for the series - a real bargain when I think about who ended up teaching my class, and what I learned.

You'll find the contact phone number and person on this link: http://www.hhfsc.org/

Look right on the first page, under "Sunday Group Ice Dancing Class".

RoaringMice

On the Ice
If you decide to do the class, drop me a note if you'd like. I'll try to stop by the class and say "Hi!"

RoaringMice

On the Ice
They've moved the first day of the class to 22 April. If you're interested, call them.

They've told me that they do believe "Olympics guy" will teach the class. I've seen him teach both adults and kids, and he's got a nice touch.