Oscar Picks - Actor in a Supporting Role | Golden Skate

Oscar Picks - Actor in a Supporting Role

J

Jules Asner

Re: Oscar Picks - Actor in a Supporting Role

my vote was for Christopher Walken, although I think John C. Reilly could be the dark horse for chicago.

M

magentataupe

Christopher Walken. There is something about his acting maybe its stage presence but he really stands out.

N

nysk8r

Christopher Walken could read the phone book and it would be interesting:p . But my sentimental fav has to be John C. Reily. He's in three of the five nominated films, and that Mr. Cellophane number in Chicago was just great:D .

J

Jules Asner

I've seen three movies recently with John C. Reilly and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him -- he played a jilted husband in each role.

The Good Girl - loser husband who Jennifer Aniston cheats on
Chicago - loser husband who Renee cheats on and lies to
and... The Hours, I won't spoil it for those who didn't see, but he is somebody's husband in this one too.

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

I love John C. Rielly. He would be my sentimental favorite. However, I picked Chris Cooper. I felt all three actors in Adaptation were the best.

J

Jules Asner

Chris Cooper was very good - I've only seen him in Adaptation and American Beauty and I don't ever want to meet him on a dark street. His characters creep me out (I guess that means he's a good actor!).

J

Jules Asner

I'm starting to think John C. Reilly is going to win for his "Mr. Cellophane" number. I'm going to see Chicago again this week before I hand in my Oscar pool -- the winner gets free movie gift certificates.

B

BronzeisGolden02

I haven't seen "Catch Me If You Can" yet but I do respect Christopher Walken a great deal. I also love John C. Reilly! But, I think Paul Newman gave a powerhouse performance in "Road To Perdition".

B

BronzeisGolden02

Oh, I forgot, I just adore Ed Harris! He is such a great actor, sometimes not given all of the credit he deserves. What a tough decision to make. I'd probably say Paul Newman still.