Skating Programs at Purdue, Penn State or U Mass | Golden Skate

Skating Programs at Purdue, Penn State or U Mass

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
Hi I am in ISI FS2 and I am a Highschool senior and got in to these colleges (still waiting to hear from UMass). I really love to skate and want to continue but want to go in to ice dance. Do you know anything about programs there?

Alexei'sgirl

Rinkside
Penn State Main Campus has an ice rink, and they have a figure skating club. I have family that lives out that way, and I always skate there when I'm in the area. I can't really tell you much about the program itself, but I always see a good number of people at the freestyle sessions, and all of the coaches that I've talked to at the rink are really great people.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Why don't you contact those programs and speak with them? I'm one that feels that college is not just about academics. Certainly, it's important but I feel the entire experience is what is important - the academics, social, emotional development. If skating is a important part of your life, then by all means I encourage you to continue to make it important while in college (helps with stress and I believe, with grades - at least sports in college helped me). Talk with the club and see what they have to say...good luck.