Oscar Picks - Actor in a Lead Role | Golden Skate

Oscar Picks - Actor in a Lead Role

J

Jules Asner

Re: Oscar Picks - Actor in a Lead Role

I think Daniel Day-Lewis is the favorite. Adrien Brody could be a surprise win, well deserved if its either of them.

J

Jules Asner

me too, i'd watch it again just to watch him and fast forward through the rest.

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

I know there are a lot of Daniel-Day Lewis fans out there, but I didn't like his performance (I guess I would have nominated Hugh Grant in About A Boy over him). I thought he was being more of a caricature than truly acting. I've seen a lot of his other work and I felt that he did a lot better before.

J

Jules Asner

I think Jack Nicholson did a pretty good job, but not I'm thinking Adrien Brody is going to win. perhaps the popular votes will be split between Nicholson and Day-Lewis and viola, Adrien wins!

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

Jack is actually campaigning for Adrien. I really want either Adrian or Nicolas Cage to win. Has anyone seen "The Quiet American" with Michael Caine? He is like getting no buzz at all. I think it would be a big surprise if he won.

J

Jules Asner

Yes, I saw "The Quiet American" - it was quite good and is based on the novel by Graham Greene. It's set in Vietnam during the war between the French & the communists and was very interesting to compare with what is going on in the news these days with war, the French, the Americans etcetera and so on.

The acting was good, but I don't know if he'll win. At this point I'm completely backstabbing Day-Lewis and rooting for Adrien Brodie all the way.

B

BronzeisGolden02

I'll have to disagree and say I thought Lewis's performance in "Gangs of New York" was phenomenal. He became that character so completely and had me riveted. I couldn't wait until he was on the screen again. I'm hardly ever THAT impressed with a performance, but I believe he should win hands down.