Message from Yu-Na about 2006/2007 season | Golden Skate

Message from Yu-Na about 2006/2007 season

R.D.

Record Breaker
hey thanks for sharing, that was a true insight. I find her comments about pressure and winning particularly interesting since I always speculated about that kind of stuff. Seems like it really does play a role (at least where you're one country's only hope).

But it's nice to have her share stuff that personal with us. It makes me respect her more. She could have easily kept it bottled inside like several (probably most) other skaters would have done.

And a thanks to the translator too :clap: otherwise we wouldn't have known about this.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Can someone share? For whatever reason, FSU won't allow me to access...even though I am a member.

This was posted over at FSU ... it's rather amazing she did as well as she did with all the injuries. I hope her body can hold up over the next 3 seasons ... it would be a real shame if she didn't make it to Vancouver.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49295
Yu Na is a good gal to come so forward with her injuries. I don't think we know the extent to which she is diagnosed, but I would certainly allow her time off to get it attended to. If continuing to skate as she is, will not produce good results for the back or for her skating. Get it fixed now!

Joe

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I doubt she will last through to 2010. Too much damage has already been done to her body.

Even if she's healthy, Mao will crush her in a heartbeat!!! :love:

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing. I wish Yu-Na the best and hope she is injury and pain free for next season. She sounds very mature for her years.

ilovexel- Why do you have to bring a negative into this thread?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Why not? Mao certainly deserves it since she is THE greatest figure skater.

then why isn't she World Champ? :cool:

Yu-Na Kim will always live in Mao's shadow.

Time will tell. Sadly, she seems to be going through her own struggles. But Asada, with all those jumps isn't completely immune to injury either.

nymkfan51

Medalist
They're both wonderful skaters with very bright futures ahead of them ... and I for one would hate to see either of them have to endure those kinds of injuries.

And I agree with kittyjake ... can't you love Mao without getting negative about the other skaters?

rain

Record Breaker
It is very worrying to me to read about such young skaters in virtually constant pain, getting injury after injury, some serious, and few given proper time to heal. If this is what it's like for her at the tender age of 16, she'll be a cripple by 25. This is exactly what makes me question the pushing of harder and harder jumps at younger and younger ages. Is it a coincidence she's from the junior circuit triple/ triple age? I don't think so.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I happen to like both, but Mao is always my first choice. did i sound negative about Yu-Na?

Maybe a little bit. Or maybe negative isn't the right word. It's just that you make statements about how Mao will do this or Mao will do that ... who knows what will happen ... the ice is slippery. The best skater doesn't always win ... luck and timing have an awful lot to do with the outcome.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I happen to like both, but Mao is always my first choice. did i sound negative about Yu-Na?

you said:

"Even if she's healthy, Mao will crush [Yu-na] in a heartbeat!!!"

"Yu-Na Kim will always live in Mao's shadow."

redhotcoach

On the Ice
I doubt she will last through to 2010. Too much damage has already been done to her body.

Even if she's healthy, Mao will crush her in a heartbeat!!! :love:

If that doesn't sound negative, then I don't know what does.

Let's remember that iloveaxel is the poster who is negative about Patrick Chan as well - (click on past posts) and attacks anyone with an opinion about Mira Leung - just to name a few.

I've learned this poster would rather insult fellow posters rather than be involved in a spirited discussion of skating related issues.

Just ignore iloveaxel.:rock:

I'm just astounded that this young skater could perform so marvelously in the face of so many discouraging injuries and all the pressure of her country and international fans. It's kind of scary to think how well she will do when she's healthy. Which I hope she will be very soon. I hope that living in the more sedate and anonymous atmosphere of Canada allows her to have some semblance of a normal youth.

Mao and Yu Na will certainly be keeping each other's blades sharp, so to speak. They are two huge talents and I'm quite certain they respect the **** out of each other.

R.D.

Record Breaker
and if history gives us any indication, it might play out like it did at worlds...it's Asada vs. Kim and an upstart challenger sneaks in there for the championship, beating both of them. :p