What do you know about free Smileys? | Golden Skate

What do you know about free Smileys?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There are lots of places that have free Smileys you can use in your emails. Does anyone know anything about them? I'm often afraid it will be someone that will sell your private info. or try to get enough info to steal your checking account or credit card info.
:unsure: :scowl: :sheesh:

Jhar55

Medalist
Be careful what you download you may end up with stuff you don't want, other stuff can attach to them (websites) it's happened to me and had hard time getting them off.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, what email system do you have. The reason I asked is that some of them have free emoticans or smileys.

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have Cox cable. Is that what you mean. I don't think they have them but not sure.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have Cox too and no they don't have them. I haven't really tried any smileys in my home emails but if I do I will let you know.

Dee

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Many - if not all - 'free' things on the web (as well as some not so free ones...) are basically just sneaky backdoor ways of verifying your email address, so the REAL businesses supporting the site (someone has to pay for it.....) can send you ads and spam.
I only download things that are vitally essential.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Those are the reasons I was asking. I thought maybe someone knew if there were any legitimate ones.

I have Smiley Central for e-mail and Get Smile for message board use. I have the NoAdware on my computer too. I have been using these two smiley programs on Internet Explorer with Outlook Express for years and have had no problems.
I run the NoAdware at least monthly, as well as Virus Scan(McAfee) and Disk Defrag regularly as well.