Finnish Ladies Look Strong | Golden Skate

Finnish Ladies Look Strong

russell30

Final Flight
Behind the great force of Japan and the USA looking strong in years to come. Europe in the next year or 2 will be headed I would think by Finland. They have some depth, Susanna Poykio we all hope will hang around until Vancouver but you have Kiira Korpi who seems to be getting stronger each season and Laura Lepisto and Jenni Vahaama are hot talents - not sure if Alisa Drei will be back next year but you never know - Well Done to this Federation!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I really loved Susanna's skating this year. I hope that she can break into the top 5 at worlds soon. I think that her artisty and sense of the music is really good and the she always has tateful choices in her music and costumes selections.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
They have some depth, Susanna Poykio we all hope will hang around until Vancouver

Yes, I have understood that Susanna is planning to stay for the Vancouver Olympics. I really hope that in next Worlds Susanna would be among top five and Kiira among top ten.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Yes, I have understood that Susanna is planning to stay for the Vancouver Olympics. I really hope that in next Worlds Susanna would be among top five and Kiira among top ten.
I've been hoping that for Poykio since 2004. (In 2003, she was ill at Euros and not at her best, but I was blown away by the beautiful, soft edges of all of the skaters from Finland, Poykio, Drei, and Kettunen. And Drei didn't get to Finland until she was a teenager!)

I would love to see Poykio with a European championship.

gio

Medalist
The Finnish are doing a great job. :clap:
It all started with Alisa Drei, than came Elina Ketunnen and Susanna Poykio. I guess these three girls were an important role model for the youngster. Now the future are Kiira Korpi, Jenni Vahaama and Laura Lepisto. There are also Sofia Otala and Henriketta Hietaniemi.
Kudos also to the Finnish fed, who knows how to valorize their girls.

Yes, I'll put Finland as creator of talents in third place after the USA and Japan.

russell30

Final Flight
She should have won the 2005 Euros, IMO!!!

Yes I totally agree, Susanna should have won and most pundits felt the same too, that was definatley not Slutskaya's, under the 6.0 system Susanna would have won!! - Lets hope Susanna wins it next year

Kati

On the Ice
I love our skaters, especially Susanna, Kiira, Laura and Jenni. Hope some of them will medal next year at Europeans and the others will place in top ten (maybe even two medals...?)

TtonyV7

On the Ice
With Ukraine, France, and Hungary all seem to be falling apart, it is great the Finland has really step up their program. These ladies are all so talented, and Poykio in my opinion is the true PCS queen.

gio

Medalist
With Ukraine, France, and Hungary all seem to be falling apart, it is great the Finland has really step up their program. These ladies are all so talented, and Poykio in my opinion is the true PCS queen.

Finnish girls = talented, artistic, pretty :clap: :love: