Two Little Girls Joined Our Family | Golden Skate

Two Little Girls Joined Our Family

Four legged feline variety little girls...Kitler and Molly. Here's a pic(click to see it larger) Molly is on the left, Kitler is on the right:
th_May12007004.png

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Cuties, I wish them safe and happy lives with you, and am sure they will return the rewards too - oh wait! They're cats. Well they might "inadvertently" return the love;) :laugh:

The Kitler mustache is so funny, not like there was any question of who was which name;) . Good use:agree: :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're new children are very cute!!!

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Adorable kitties........congrats to you and your new family members. 42

The full story goes like this:
Even before our Jack Russell started failing, we'd often talked about adopting a pair of kittens someday. Then when we lost Aggie, we thought we'd get a pair after a respectable amount of time. But then Chip lost his job so he said "we can get one, I need something to snuggle now that Aggie is gone". Our older cat, Philly, is "my" cat and she's not the biggest snuggler and is even more stand-offish with Chip(my DH).
So, last Monday we were at the vets with Nellie, our outdoor dog, for her annual. There were 9 kittens for adoption. We'd never had a gray cat and were hoping for a gray one. Two of the kittens up for adoption are FIV positive, so they have to go to a "no other pets" family. So that left 7 for us to choose from.
When we returned on Monday to check them out, there were only the two FIV positive kittens and the two black-with-white kittens left.
This was to be Chip's choice and he picked Kitler, which is what the vets office had been calling her and he liked it so kept it for her name. The vet techs were "awwww, are you sure you don't want two, they do better together, they've been together since birth". Then the one tech says "you know, it's two for one". That sold my husband, he caved and said okay to getting them both. I made the vet techs swear that it wasn't me who coerced him into two.
So, both kitties, all the shots they've had so far, a nail trimming, some meds for Molly's eye and the course of meds to finish for the ringworm they had AND their spay for $75.
I observed Molly, who was "no name" for about 2 hours, and finally decided she was telling me her name should be Molly....but now I'm calling her "Miss Molly Mischeif" because she is a little pip! Bolder and more energetic than Kitler. They are 10 week old littermates. Molly's eye was injured before our vets got them for their adoption center. It will probably never look "normal" but shouldn't cause any problems.

Philly isn't keen on them. We're keeping the kittens on our enclosed back porch. With the glass slider doors, Philly can see them and they can see her, and we leave the door cracked a bit so they can smell each other. At first, Philly would hiss and growl at me as soon as I came out of the porch area and approached her. She's stopped doing that and has even approached the slider door for a moment, but ran off hissing. We also have a pen that we close the kittens in for night time and for a couple times during the day, so that Philly can go out on the porch if she wants, but she hasn't yet. The integration can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.

Tigger

Final Flight
They are adorable!!! Congratulations and Good Luck on getting them intergrated w/your elder cat!!