COI Casting | Golden Skate

COI Casting

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
I realize there will be many changes to the tour stops, especially with other events and shows taking place.

However, does anyone know whether or not Totmianina/Marinin are still doing the tour? They've been removed from the site, and haven't been talked about in any review I've read thus far.

I might have missed something, so pardon me. XD

discoduck

On the Ice
From what I understand, they left the tour and are doing the Averbukh tour in Russia. As to why, I don't know.

skateskate

Rinkside
Since the Averbukh tour will have a break for next two weeks, they probably could be back to COI. But from what I've heard, she got injured in last show (she fell on a triple throw and couldn't step on her foot after the performance). I don't know whether or not it is serious, but it's hardly possible they will skate in COI.

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
A little bird just told me that Naomi and Peter may be getting more COI shows toward the end of the tour this year!:clap:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
A little bird just told me that Naomi and Peter may be getting more COI shows toward the end of the tour this year!:clap:

:rock: hopping Denver, hope hope.

What kind of bird seed are you putting out that this little bird is talking with you?:laugh:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Tat and Max's former agent says they left the COI tour and joined the Auverbukh tour due to money. They also had a signed contract with COI.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tat and Max's former agent says they left the COI tour and joined the Auverbukh tour due to money. They also had a signed contract with COI.

Is this the second contract they are changing up this season? Or is it that it was in the COI contract they will leave 1/2 way through? If not I am starting to see Plushy's point again. I hope they aren't ...well... no way to say it nicely.;) :cool:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
They are saying this is the second contact the pairs team has broken this season.

The first one with Plushenko, and the second with COI. Obviously they had some intention of performing with COI as I believe they were over here doing a couple of shows - and were featured on the website.

I'm hoping to interview Plushenko next week and will see if he has any comments in terms of the arrangement broken with his tour. I'm going to predict that for public consumption he will not have any comment, and will leave it up to his agent to discuss. And with a possible competitive upcoming season for Evgeni, he's probably going to have more things on his mind than broken contracts. We'll see.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks Kathleen, I hope you get that interview!

It is funny how the beauty that I saw in their programme last year is quickly getting muddied down with this ugly dirt of breaking contracts. Tats beautiful bunny smile just isn't looking quite as nice at the moment, but I don't know all that has transpired so.... I'll try to keep an open mind.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Not nice behaviour, and definetely not intelligent, because now they have gotten a bad reputation. I´d guess that they will not be invited to COI again. I´d suppose that this pair needs COI (or other US events) more than USA needing them, LOL.

Last edited:

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Kathleen, Evgeni never hesitated to comment the situation with Tatiana and Maxim leaving his tour in Russian press. I don't think he will mind a question from you...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
IIRC didn't T/M leave COI abruptly a short time after Plushenko joined the COI tour. I imagine the whole situation was uncomfortable for all the parties involved.

It seems like I/B are taking T/M place at COI. I read on I/B
site they are scheduled to do quite a few COI shows..

Last edited:
From your mouth to the skating gods' ears, Penny! I'd love to see them in San Jose.
Rave
If they do that Love Duet that they did at last summer's Mid Atlantics, it will be worth the price of admission.

Oh how that team was soooo undermarked all those years!

Joe

skateskate

Rinkside
Not nice behaviour, and definetely not intelligent, because now they have gotten a bad reputation. I´d guess that they will not be invited to COI again. I´d suppose that this pair needs COI (or other US events) more than USA needing them, LOL.
T/M do not seemed needing it so much, though ;)

Here http://www.trud.ru/issue/article.php?id=200705035750901 Averbuch told he could pay T/M three time higher if he was going to buy them. And actually they are earning now even less money than he offered them at the beginning (before they've chosen the Plushenko's tour).
I don't think the money is a main reason to leave COI. I suppose they simply wanted to skate at home or it became too hard to them to be in one tour with Plushenko. But anyway, I find the decision to break the contracts is rather unreasonable.

Last edited:

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
IIRC didn't T/M leave COI abruptly a short time after Plushenko joined the COI tour. I imagine the whole situation was uncomfortable for all the parties involved.

It seems like I/B are taking T/M place at COI. I read on I/B
site they are scheduled to do quite a few COI shows..

I agree it must be uncomfortable for them to all be on the same tour together.
It is wrong legally to break a contract,regardless of the reasons,but i think people should take into consideration the complicated situation and not make one side the "bad guys" when we aren't fully aware of the entire situation.There is always more to a situation than what they say in the press.What we need to remember is that regardless of the situation,both sides are remarkable performers and good people in a complicated situation.I for one will continue supporting Tatiana and Max even through this mess. :)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
After looking at the Russian article, it seems to me that while Ari Zakarian has previously said that it is all about money, Ilya Averbukh is saying that it is not about the money, but rather, that it is personal. I have a lot of faith in Ilya Averbukh. He also seems to think a quiet settlement would be better than a law court for this. I think that Ilya Averbukh is the voice of reason here.

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
A little bird told me that they have been working with Morosov lately. Also that they wanted to skate at home because it was simpler and also there was more money there. T&M I am talking about.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Well, as I've said before in regard to this subject... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Doesn't matter if said woman posseses a gold medal or not.

Although in Hollywood of late, it seems the revenge-du-jour is the secretly released videotape (David Hasselhoff's drunken escapade) or secretly released voice mail (Alec Baldwin's rant). When will the skating world catch up? The old "he-said, she-said" is just so 5 minutes ago, LOL.

Last edited: