In Case You're Planning On A Visit To Los Angeles... | Golden Skate

In Case You're Planning On A Visit To Los Angeles...

IDLERACER

Medalist
Apparently Wikimapia is a new internet gimmic that unlike Google Earth, needs no downloading. Another feature, is that if you run your cursor over the rectangles, it tells you what you're looking at. Click HERE for a peek at the rink where Frank Carroll, Ken Conjemi and Linda Fratianne coach. Formerly the Healthsouth Training Center, it's now called The Toyota Sports Center. If you back the screen up a little, you can see just how close it is to the airport. If you zoom in close enough, you can see Evan Lysacek's car in the parking lot (its the black Toyota Cressida).

IDLERACER

Medalist
Another nearby legendary place is the Culver Ice Arena, where Debi Thomas learned how to skate. It has pretty much been home base for Tai & Randy for the last 25 years as well.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
lol. My dad drives by these rinks on his way to work everyday.

PAskate

On the Ice
I actually stay at the hotel that directly behind the Toyota Sports Center when I head out to my company's corporate offices for a visit. I'm actually heading out there tomorrow for a week. There have been times when a lower level competition or summer skating clinic going on that you'll also run into skaters and their families staying at one of the hotels nearby.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
And of course, HERE is where Michelle first strapped on a pair of skates back in the 80s.

i assume that is the skating edge area in Harboe City, CA. I thought that the Ice Chalet in Rolling Hills estates in claiming to be Michelle's first rink. that's where michelle did say that the first rink she skated in was in a mall.... i think it was the ice chalet in the Avenue of the Penninsula on Deep Valley Drive, rolling Hills esates.

IDLERACER

Medalist
i assume that is the skating edge area in Harboe City, CA. I thought that the Ice Chalet in Rolling Hills estates in claiming to be Michelle's first rink. that's where michelle did say that the first rink she skated in was in a mall.... i think it was the ice chalet in the Avenue of the Penninsula on Deep Valley Drive, rolling Hills esates.
That has to be the first place where Angela Nikodinov skated (it's right near her home)...I'm not so sure about Michelle. It's a crummy rink. No place to sit down. Anyhow, click HERE for an aerial view of that place.