Youtube Sound? | Golden Skate

Youtube Sound?

Does anyone out there in tech-land have any idea what to check when your computer's speakers stop giving sound? They're plugged in and the audio volume on "My Computer" settings seems fine. :frown:

There is a connection to skating... I can't enjoy the great vids people are posting.

If all of your volume controls are OK, it is possible that your audio codec got turned off somehow. If you have XP, these instructions might be out of date, but for older editions of Windows you can try this:

Enter the BIOS by turning on the computer, then when the first logo screen appears, tap the F1 key repeatedly until a BIOS Setup screen opens.

Use the Left and Right Arrow keys to select the Advanced tab.

Press the Down Arrow key to select Onboard Audio Options and press Enter. If Onboard Audio Options is not available, select I/O Device Configuration and press Enter.

If On-Board Sound, Audio, Audio Codec or similar item is listed, select it and press Enter.

Select Enabled and press Enter. (If it's on Disabled, that's your problem.)

Press the F10 key and then press Enter to save and exit

Start Windows and check for sound.

Well, it took me about three months after my sound went out to work up my courage to fool around with the BIOS... :)

If you Google "no sound Windows XP" there is all kinds of advice in the first few entries.

:clap: :bow: :love:
Thanks, MM - that tip led me to the Sound Troubleshooter. It turned out I (??) had "muted all volume" deep in the innards of my system. Now obviously I did not do that, but something I did, did it. Anyway: problem easily fixed!!!!!

Hurray for Goldenskate! :thumbsup: