Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov said good bye to eligible sport | Golden Skate

Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov said good bye to eligible sport

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://www.sportreport.ru/content/view/19804/7/
Friday, May 4 2007 Alexander Alexandrov for News Service Portal

Yesterday at the Figure Skating Academy in Saint Petersburg an even took place to allow the sports team Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov to say good buy to eligible sport.

Numerous fans prepared a real show for the skaters. The event included a variety of different programs and congratulations for the famous athletes. Alexei and Maria even received gold medals, the last ones of their sports career – according to the fans, they became the “champions of our hearts” and will hold that honor forever.

Especially touching was the moment when the skaters read out loud a huge letter from fans from around the world.

Athletes said that they will soon continue their tour of Russian cities with the ice show.
Tags: pair, petrova & tikhonov

With all my complaints about them during the years, I have to admit their Calgary skate was their best and they should have gotten a gold for that one.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
With all my complaints about them during the years, I have to admit their Calgary skate was their best and they should have gotten a gold for that one.

Joe

ITA!!! I'm glad they were given a good "send-off" in ending their competitive careers. I will miss them -- they had such wonderful sportsmanship (I wished they televised Alexei carrying Shen Xue to the podium so she could congratulate Pang & Tong on winning worlds in '06)

poppy

Rinkside

Joe
100% agree. I:clap:
I love them! I'll miss them!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think it's great the way they keep thier difficultly levels up and placed well in the last two or so years at worlds. good luck to them :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: