Warning, Painful To Watch! | Golden Skate

Warning, Painful To Watch!

sk8addict

On the Ice
everybody!

Thanks for reminding me that falling is just part of skating. No matter how good you get you are still gonna have falls.

Last edited:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Yeah, I saw this on Youtube a while ago. Some of the pairs falls are really, really scary.

~Z

Antilles

Medalist
I remember that Woetzel&Steuer one. It was really scary watching her trying and failing to catch her breathe after hitting her chest on the ice. They weren't able to finish the program.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Whoever put this together has it in for Sarah Hughes. I think she makes three appearances in it.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ouch, all falls are painful but many of them look veeeery painful and the pairs ones really scary.

cmego500

Rinkside
I'm very disappointed with the person that put this video together. How DARE they not put more of Plushenko falling?????? I get too much pleasure i think.

As others have said, the pair skating falls are extremely scary, especially the lifts.

FauveNik

Rinkside
what comp what it that Alexi Yagudin hit the boards like that??
I remember the W&S fall too!!! OUCH! Poor Elena B. she really had her share of fall.
Berk!
merci
Fauve

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
what comp what it that Alexi Yagudin hit the boards like that?? I

It was a 2001 competition held in Australia (Goodwill Games?). Anyway, from that competiton I remember the wonderful skating of Weir!!! I became a fan, oooh, the Umbrellas of Cherbourg...

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This reminds me of a quote from Alexei

"Ice is slippery"

Dee

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Although the pairs falls are scary, they normally happen when the partners are separated. THe ice dance ones are scarier to me cos the partners are so close. The one of Pasha and Platov has him landing ALMOST on his crotch to her heel. OUCH.

Lanie

On the Ice
The original montage is very old and was made by Shannon who had aw ebsite with a ton of videos on it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Falling is part of figure skating. Although, ones does strive to stay on one's feet during a performance, it does happen when it is least expected. A skater's worst night mare is falling during a competition or a test. One hopes falling only happens during practice. Believe it or not even though many of these falls on the clip looked quite nasty, skaters do learn to protect themselves during a fall. I can remember falling many times while practicing! It does not seem to hurt as much when you are young. Have you ever noticed how quickly the skaters recover from a fall? It's all a part of training.

It was interesting footage. Thanks for posting.