Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IFS magasin... QUAD-GIRLS

Spree2spree

IFS magasin... QUAD-GIRLS

I've just got my new IFS magasin..i read it throw and they've made a ltop-25 list "Most Influential Names in Figure Skating 2002-2003". I was amazed when i read about this Japanese girl, Miki Ando, who did a quad salcow at the junior worlds and became second.. i didn't know that female skaters at age 15 did quad jumps...i really do think that last years gold, silver and bronze -medalist will get some competitions when she becomes a senior next season!..

do you know who came first at the junior worlds (female)..did she do quads too?.. is there other female skaters who does quads??...

in the magasine theres also an article about plushenko, who will try to have quad lutz in his program next season...interesting!...VERY interesting:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sk8ing lady2001

Re: IFS magasin... QUAD-GIRLS

I don't mind seeing quads as this is a sport. Though the jumps are important, I believe the artistry and presentation should be taken very seriously.

mathman444

Spree, I think that Miki Ando is the only lady who has landed a quad in competition. Yukina Ota is the World Junior Champion. She did not do a quad.

Quite a few of the young Japanese ladies are trying triple Axels and difficult triple-triple combinations. They are poised to be a force in the sport for years to come.

Mathman

Joesitz

Spree - The day is coming for the Ladies of the Quad!! We've been expecting it. We are also expecting more broken hips (I do hope I am wrong about that).

Ms Ando does indeed have a quad salchow and at fifteen she has time to develop her presentation and with the new scoring system coming in favoring the technical, we are talking about the Oly Gold in Torino.

(But keep your eye on Beatriza Liang.)

Joe

Custom Title

I don't think 15 year girl is fully matured yet. Hope she'll retain her quads after the puberty growing.

There is reason why the first 3A (Modiri Ito), first pair quad twist (Z&Z?), first quad are all complete in Junior Worlds.

Joesitz

Mzheng -

<em>There is reason why the first 3A (Modiri Ito), first pair quad twist (Z&Z?), first quad are all complete in Junior Worlds</em>.

You make an interesting point. Juniors is where the bar is raised.

Joe

toutestgrace

Joesitz-

<em>Juniors is where the bar is raised.</em>

And Seniors is where the orthopedic surgeons make their money.

Custom Title

Re:

toutestgrace -
    <blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And Seniors is where the orthopedic surgeons make their money[/quote]

LOL. Too funny.

Edited in responding to still.
    I actually agree the statement. My only hope is that all these little 3a, quads girls don't jump themself to surgeons' table like tara did years ago.

stilldizzy7

Quads

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And Seniors is where the orthopedic surgeons make their money

It would be funny, that is, if it wasn't true.

The happy note is that perhaps the artristic part of skating will win out, after all!

Dizzy

LAVENDER

Re: Quads

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And Seniors is where the orthopedic surgeons make their money[/quote]

Initial response is that I laughed out loud but it is true. I'm not that excited with girls (who haven't hit puberty) doing quads. Let's wait until they turn Sarah's age and see if they change just like she did.

Custom Title

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Let's wait until they turn Sarah's age and see if they change just like she did. [/quote]

For asia girls you may add another couple of years in general they are matured later. May be something related to diet habbit, etc.

thvudragon

weren't Gordeeva and Grinkov the first to do a Quad Twist... wait, maybe not, but some soviet pair.

Ahhh, it was Marina Cherkasova/Sergei Shakhrai!

TV

Kara Bear

nope, i believe it was g&g

mikitan

Midori was 19 years old when she landed 1st ever ladies 3A in competition.

Probably confusing her 1st ever 3-3(age 12) and 3A.

Miki Ando's 1st ever (ratified) quad was done in Junior Grand Prix Final in Dec 2002.
    She was barely 14 back then.

sk8tngcanuck

quads

"Juniors is where the bar is raised."

That quote is in reference to 3a and quads. I would just like to point out that the 3 a was successfully landed over a decade ago, and, unlike the quad in mens competition, it still has not become a necessary jump for the ladies to win the gold.

When a male skater goes to Worlds without a quad, he knows his chances of winning are almost impossible, the same is not so of the 3a in ladies competition.

Is it possible the quad will follow the same path?

Canuck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast