IFS magasin... QUAD-GIRLS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

IFS magasin... QUAD-GIRLS

mzheng

Record Breaker
Re: quads

I agree with toutesgrace. With current equipment I don't see 3A and quad will be any consistant in lady without causing the injury.

And if a little girl spends most of her trainning time to push 3A and quad she must have little time for other elements. While under CoP all elements are counted. For example in spin under CoP much more emphasizing place on centering. It is much easier to get -1, -2 grade deduction in spin under CoP than current 6.0 system. And basic skill could be as low as 4 to 5 for jump beans. The detail is posted at FSU by Joe Inman who just attend the 'Vancouver training session'. Very infomative.

<a href="http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5994&pagenumber=3" target="top">www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5994&pagenumber=3</a>

Realisticlly the young teenage may push 3A and quads in SP where only 3 jumps allowed. I don't see realistically they can push 3A and Quads in LP where 7 jump passes are allowed. Usually the young teenage girl has the problem to sustain their energe through out their LP, that is most likely they missed other jump pass. Carolina Kostner at Worlds is one of the examples. Oh, may be I should't compare to MK's standard, after all not so many elite lady can consistant do 6 to 7 triple LP at current eligible rink.

Actually I think the current system, by not having detail judge spec to every elements, missleading general public and sometimes the judges to emphasize more on Jump than under CoP. We all agree the jumps are the highlight in program. So when a skater with good basic and less jump contents win over a skater with so and so basic but more jump contents then there are always wus robbed comments. Under CoP, let the number speek.