American Idol Top 12 predictions | Golden Skate

American Idol Top 12 predictions

G

guinevere

American Idol Top 12 predictions

OK, now we know who they are: Charles, Julia, Kimberly Locke, Ruben, Rickey, Vanessa, Josh, Corey, Clay, Kimberly Caldwell, Trenyce and Carmen. Any predictions?

Here are my thoughts, based on what we've seen so far, and my <em>highly scientific</em> methods of <strong>pop culture analysis</strong>:

I think Charles will be the first to go, although he won't have the worst performance (that would be between Rickey and Carmen). I just think he's got too subtle of a personality to garner a huge following without really standout talent.

OTOH, I think Carmen will sing poorly but hang in there a couple of episodes because of the underdog appeal (and she's cute), and Rickey will have uneven performances but get votes due to his personality.

I think Julia, Kim L, Vanessa and maybe Josh will get kind of lost in the mid-shuffle, and the Top 5 will be: Corey, Ruben, Kim C, Trenyce and CLAY :cool: ! Don't want to speculate beyond that yet, but stay tuned!

guinevere

J

Jules Asner

Re: American Idol Top 12 predictions

The Final 12: Charles, Julia, Kimberly Locke, Ruben, Rickey, Vanessa, Josh, Corey, Clay, Kimberly Caldwell, Trenyce and Carmen.

My predictions:

The order which they may go out:

Carmen
Rickey
Kimberly Caldwell
Julia Demato
Charles
Vanessa
Josh
Kimberly Locke
Trenyce
Corey
Ruben & Clay in the finals

S

Sally1214

Re: finals

Well, based on what we've seen and heard so far, here are my predictions:

Charles, Ruben and Ricky are what I call the "warblers" (like to do mini runs all over the scale). They sing a similar style and I think will split the votes of people who like that style. The "warbler" I pick to go on to the top 5 is Ruben.

Vanessa, Trenyce and Kimberly Locke are the "big voices" who will also split votes, IMO. But, I'm picking both Trenyce and Kimberly L. for the top 5. (People seem to like "big-voiced" women singers.)

I think Joshua is going to hang in for a long time, based on both his talent (which is considerable) and the fact that he is a marine and THAT is going to help him right now at this particular time in American history. Plus he seems like a really NICE guy.

I think Carmen could be the first to go; but, if not, the experience she will gain from being in this show (however long she may last) will be invaluable. Simon gave her a real break -hope she makes the most of it.

Kimberley C. *could* hang in and make the top 5 IF she chooses the right types of song (raw-edged, Melissa Ethredge-type rock songs). She could really appeal to the voters who loved Nikki last time around at AI. BUT, I'm not including her in my top 5 .... <strong>yet</strong>!

My predictions for the top five are:

1. Clay
2. Trenyce
3. Joshua
4. Kimberly Locke
5. Ruben

At this point in time, CLAY is the American Idol (IMO). <strong>But, oh, how things could change .......</strong>

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">I should qualify my predictions by saying that I think Josh is really talented and I see him as the last to go before the finals. I think that "marine as singer" thing will not be enough to get him into the finals. The vocal problems he has (tension) will be more obvious when he sings next to Clay, whose voice is really free. Josh has a really excellent voice, but Clay is fantastic. I can't see two men in the finals. Of course, if war breaks out and America is feeling extremely patriotic, that will work in Josh's favor. But technically, Clay is the better singer AND performer.</span>

C

CB1AB2

I THINK AND HOPE THAT "CLAY" WILL BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL=HE IS ONE PERSON THAT TOOK WHAT THE JUDGES SAID TO HEART=HE CHANGED HIS WHOLE IMAGE=JUST REMEMBER WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE WHEN HE FIRST AUDITIONED =TO WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE NOW=HE IS A VERY-VERY-VERY GOOD SINGER AND MY FAVORITE TO WIN

CB

H

heyang

Ricky (Hercules) also listened to the judges with regards to his appearance. At his audition, Simon said he dressed 'too old'. He went and bought some more casual clothing that suited him. He didn't go to the extreme of buying oversized t-shirts and huge carpenter pants to look like a teenager. He did a nice job at a better look without looking foolish.

Didn't recall Clay's early appearances, but he absolutely blew me away during the wild card show.

I think big voiced Kimberly needs some fashion advice. The skirt she was wearing at the wild card announcement show totally emphasized her big hips - she needs to wear an A-line skirt to look better. I wonder why SImon didn't tell her to lose some pounds?

G

guinevere

Updated Top 12 predictions

Based on tonight, this is now how I'm guessing it will pan out. Keep in mind, it's not necessarily what I want to happen, but what I think WILL happen. In oder of departure:

Charles - lack of personality on stage

Julia - needs stage presence work BAD, and the fight with Simon was very poor judgment on her part

Rickey - he's been inconsistent, think he might have a bad night when others do really well.

Carmen - should go earlier, and due to Simon's support and the cute factor, might go really far in this show. If so, she's the next Nikki to me in terms of cringe factor.

Kim L - with her voice she should go farther, but I think she'll get lost unless she can really turn it around after tonight

Vanessa - sigh. I want Vanessa to do really well!! But I can't see the next 2 people going before her, unfortunately.

Joshua - Got a lot of things going for him. I think he may get called to war during this show. Or there will be a poor song choice and his votes will go to other singers that week.

Kim Caldwell - she's doing much better, her performances are starting to match her star quality on stage...but I think she has consistency problems and song choice obviously has a HUGE affect on her performances.

Corey - I'd rather see Vanessa here, but Corey has the support of the judges, even Simon, AND he's got the good-lookin' slightly bad boy thing going on. He will finally wear out his welcome just outside of the top 3, only because those 3 will not be denied!

Ruben, Trenyce, Clay: Really difficult to call from here. They're all talented enough. I am rooting for Clay especially, but I would be happy for any of these 3 to win. I almost want to say that Ruben will win, for many reasons, but I want to see how he handles some of the less soulful genres the contstants have to sing.

guinevere