Step Sequences of Top Ladies at Worlds 2007 @Youtube | Golden Skate

Step Sequences of Top Ladies at Worlds 2007 @Youtube

morninglight

On the Ice
I thought these videos made by mkqueen7 really cool. Whose steps did you like the best?

2007 World Figure Skating Ladies SP Step Sequence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBhnPKhNtq4

Miki ANDO, Yu-Na KIM, Carolina KOSTNER, Mao ASADA, Kimmie MEISSNER, Yukari NAKANO, Emily HUGHS, Sarah MEIER, Julia SEBESTYEN

2007 World Figure Skating Ladies LP Step Sequence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnLYz5EtFGM

Miki ANDO, Yu-Na KIM, Mao ASADA, Carolina KOSTNER, Kimmie MEISSNER, Yukari NAKANO, Emily HUGHS, Sarah MEIER, Susanna POYKIO

While I am not the biggest fan of Kimmie, I believe hers was the most impressive footwork sequence of the lot for 2007. Choreo: Morozov, I think/

Emily was robbed, she had good footwork sequence. Choreo: Wilson.

Joe

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Thanks, that was really interesting to see! I wasn't particularly impressed by most of the footwork sequences this year, most of them seem so frantic and so detached from the music. I think that Carolina Kostner by far had the best sequence in the short program, I don't know why it wasn't marked higher but I guess that's why I'm not a judge. It just seemed so much more a part of the choreography, an extension of the music, than the rest of the ladies did. In the LP, though, I didn't really like her footwork but then again I don't like the selection of music she used for the footwork, it doesn't show off her gorgeous edges or her fantastic speed.

mizu_iro

Final Flight
Those ARE cool videos, thanks for the link.

Carolina's SP steps are so smooth, flowing, not at all frenetic, perfectly in tune with the music...definitely my favorite step sequence. I think Miki's step sequences are way too similar in all the arm-flailing, but it fit her SP well. Mao's step sequence in her SP has a lot less quick movement than her LP steps, but the SP steps fit the music and flow much better...she seems to be trying to do what Sasha did in Dark Eyes with the quickening tempo in the LP, but she doesn't quite pull it off. Yu-Na's steps don't seem that fast or complicated, but the little details are perfectly in tune with the music.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Miki's footwork sequence in the SP is SOOO campy! (Loved it!)

Kimmie had brilliant programs on paper but obviously lacked the ability to make it come alive. She has some very interesting steps here but her actual movement lacks crispness and verve.

~Z

feraina

Record Breaker
For SP, I liked Mao's most: difficult, good flow, multi-revolution turns in both directions, muscality. I also really liked Carolina's, excellent extensions and posture. Julia Sebestyen's was nice too. According to Dick Button (you may choose to ignore him), circular sequences are the hardest. I can sort of see that, because you don't have much margin for error, and all your steps are squeezed into a tight space.

I will look at the LP later when I get a chance.

morninglight

On the Ice
I think that Carolina Kostner by far had the best sequence in the short program,

I also loved Carolina's step sequence in SP:) It was very elegant and lovely and went so well with the music. The way she presents herself is very charming. Because it's so calm, relaxed, and elegant, you can watch many times without getting tired at all.

I also loved Mao's step sequence in her SP. I thought both Mao and Carolina had Lori Nichol as the choreography for their SP. Both styles are very elegant, classy, great concert with the music, and not overdone. Mao does these steps with so much ease. I especially love the ending twizzle--so sophisticated and fits well with the phrase of the music.

I liked Sarah Meier's LP steps a lot, too:) Very elegant style. Her posture and arms are very beautiful. Even though she got points lower than others, she is pleasant to watch.

feraina

Record Breaker
I just watched the LP's. There I like Yu-na's most. Hers was light and elegant and touching. No frantic flailing of arms, no sudden jerky movements, it was exquisitely done. :clap: Mao's wasn't bad here either, but not as musical as her SP's.

Miki A gets high scores on her step sequences, but I can't stand all the flailing arms and spineless back. :frown:

Miki's footwork sequence in the SP is SOOO campy! (Loved it!)

Kimmie had brilliant programs on paper but obviously lacked the ability to make it come alive. She has some very interesting steps here but her actual movement lacks crispness and verve.

~Z
Kimmie's got to learn to sell the program. Those other gals can just sell 'look how cute I am'. Kimmie looks too mature and must learn to sell the maturity. She can't do the little dahling look.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Step Sequences of Top Ladies at Worlds 2007@Youtube

Thanks to whoever put those together. It was great to see the step sequences back to back.

I must say my favorites are Mao and Ya Na simply because the sequences are incorporated into the program and both ladies display great musicality. They both have graceful arms that seem to naturally go with the footwork. Meissner, Ando, Hughes, etc. all jerk their arms around in a very unnatural way. I do believe that this is a skating style more than anything else.

For me the natural artistry that is apparent in the skating of Asada and Kim is what separates them from the rest of the top ladies.

Dizzy

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
For the Short Programs i was the Mao's was my favorite. She looked like a ballerina. Kimmie was impressive, but second place i would give to Julia. She was the only one who did not do a straight line pattern. :agree:

feraina

Record Breaker
For the Short Programs i was the Mao's was my favorite. She looked like a ballerina. Kimmie was impressive, but second place i would give to Julia. She was the only one who did not do a straight line pattern. :agree:

IIRC, Carolina also did a wonderful circular pattern in the SP.

sk8addict

On the Ice
I have to go with Yu-Na in both the long & short. Her turns in both directions are impressive. She looks equally comfortable going clockwise and counter clockwise. I was suprised at how Sebestian mostly turned one direction. I don't think Kimmee can ever learn to sell the program. I don't think she actually hears the music.
Thanks so much for posting these.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Kimmie's got to learn to sell the program. Those other gals can just sell 'look how cute I am'. Kimmie looks too mature and must learn to sell the maturity. She can't do the little dahling look.

I don't think Kimmie is going for the "look how cute I am" or "little darling" look. But, for what its worth, I think she's adorable. She looks too mature? I wouldn't think she was any more than 15 or 16!

I don't think Kimmie is going for the "look how cute I am" or "little darling" look. But, for what its worth, I think she's adorable. She looks too mature? I wouldn't think she was any more than 15 or 16!
By comparison with her competitors, Kimmie, imo, physically looks mor mature.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Step Sequences of Top Ladies at Worlds 2007@Youtube

Perhaps the reason Kimmie seems more mature than the others has to do with her skating style. Kimmie's personality doesn't reflect on the ice. She is down to business when she steps on the ice and this translates as lack of interpretation and joy. When a microphone is put in front of her, she transforms into a giggly, silly teenager.

When Kim and Asada skate, they are so smooth and light and actually more joyful in their presentations. This adds to their programs and draws the audience into the performance.

Just my opinion.

Dizzy

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Kimmie does not come across as "silly" to me in anyway - JMO. But she does have a youthful way about her, yet I think it has a degree of maturity that isn't trying to be "too grown up." To me she is the epitome of a young lady.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Kimmie does not come across as "silly" to me in anyway - JMO. But she does have a youthful way about her, yet I think it has a degree of maturity that isn't trying to be "too grown up." To me she is the epitome of a young lady.

I'm sorry but all that Kimmie can say when a michrophone is in front of her is Awesome, Awesome,Awesome. It's as boring as her skating. Now she says she tried something different this year ( choreography) and it didn't work so she'll go back to what she know she can do. ( not botheering to listen to the music at all.

I'm sorry but all that Kimmie can say when a michrophone is in front of her is Awesome, Awesome,Awesome. It's as boring as her skating. Now she says she tried something different this year ( choreography) and it didn't work so she'll go back to what she know she can do. ( not botheering to listen to the music at all.
You are a big fan both personally and athletically. :scowl: Do you have any other favorites or is she the only one? :rolleye: