Value of the Double Axel increased to 3.5 - what about the rest of the doubles? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Value of the Double Axel increased to 3.5 - what about the rest of the doubles?

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Perhaps there are some invisible words I just can't see on post #10, but all I see there is increasing the -1 GoE to 0.8 points for 2A. I would claim the negative GoEs for the 2A, should be -1.0, -2.0 and -3.0 points, so the -3 2A gets 0.5 points.

.8 for all GoE's, of course.

It shouldn't be any more than .8, otherwise you lose points overall for falling on a Double Axle.

An underrotated Double Axle should be worth 2.2 points (Single Axle should be .9 points...bump it up a tenth) with negative GOE value of .4. So, 0 points if you fall on it.

~Z

.8 for all GoE's, of course.

It shouldn't be any more than .8, otherwise you lose points overall for falling on a Double Axle.

An underrotated Double Axle should be worth 2.2 points (Single Axle should be .9 points...bump it up a tenth) with negative GOE value of .4. So, 0 points if you fall on it.

~Z
What's wrong with getting negative points (including the fall deduction) if you fall?

If you fall while just skating along doing nothing you get a negative score (0 for the non-element, 0 GOE, -1 fall deduction).

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
What's wrong with getting negative points (including the fall deduction) if you fall?

That kind of deduction is not warranted on the Double Axle. It's still a "risk" move, even if it IS the easiest of all the harder jumps.

On any other Double jump you should start to actually lose points overall for a fall.

~Z

gkelly

Record Breaker
On any other Double jump you should start to actually lose points overall for a fall.

Maybe at the elite level, but at the middle levels double jumps are the main risk elements. The fall deduction should probably be less than 1 at those levels. I believe that is the case for Canadian competitions.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Values for underrotated jumps:

4Lutz - 8.5 (-1.2 for negative GOE)
4Loop - 8 (-1.2 for negative GOE)
4Flip - 7.5 (-1.1 for negative GOE)
4Sal - 7 (-1 for negative GOE)
4Toe - 6.5 (-1 for negative GOE)

3Axel - 5.5 (-1 for negative GOE)
3Lutz - 4 (-.9 for negative GOE)
3Loop - 3.6 (-.8 for negative GOE)
3Flip - 3.3 (-.7 for negative GOE)
3Sal - 2.9 (-.6 for negative GOE)
3Toe - 2.6 (-.5 for negative GOE)

2Axle - 2.2 (-.5, -.4, -.4 for negative GOE)
2Lutz - 1.3 (-.3, -.2, -.2 for negative GOE)
2Loop - 1.1 (-.2 for negative GOE)
2Flip - 1.0 (-.2, -.2, -.1 for negative GOE)
2Sal - .9 (-.2, -.2, -.1 for negative GOE)
2Toe - .8 (-.2, -.1, -.1 for negative GOE)

~Z