Who will have the best new system spiral? | Golden Skate

Who will have the best new system spiral?

Who will have the best spiral sequence with the newest rules?

• Sasha Cohen

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mao Asada

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Mai Asada

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Carolina Kostner

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Shawn Sawyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yu-na Kim

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Caroline Zhang

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Mirai Nagasu

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Alissa Csziny

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters

Oldies

Rinkside
Hmm...who do you think will have the best new system spiral sequence after the newest set of rules?

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Best meaning it gets the most points or best meaning that it looks the nicest? Thats important to know before I can make my decision!

einna

Rinkside
i voted for alissa, sasha (but is she coming back this season or next?), mao, kostner and caroline :)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Carolina Kostner. She has lovely stretch and extension (not extreme flexibility but thats fine with me, its SKATING, not a freak show!), and her edges and speed are amazing.

doubleaxel

Rinkside
Carolina Kostner. She has lovely stretch and extension (not extreme flexibility but thats fine with me, its SKATING, not a freak show!), and her edges and speed are amazing.

That's what I think too, every time I watch Caroline Zhang. The time she spent on perfecting her "Pearl spin" she might have used to fixed her jumping technique and gained much better marks.

carolinefan177

On the Ice
<3 Caroline

I love Caroline's vertical spiral; it has great control and stretch. It's beautiful. I am really glad the rules for spirals have changed, so many skaters have been getting high levels for ugly catch-foot spirals (sorry yu-na... I love your skating, but the spirals are yuck)

hyoo

Rinkside
Caroline has good extension and stretch, but the one thing that detracts from her spiral is that her leg is to the side rather than straight back . Everytime I watch her spiral, I want to go and fix it. Even if the spiral were lower, one straight to the back would be more beautiful in my opinion.

Of the spirals today, however, Caroline's is definitely one of the best.