Favorite Choreographer | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favorite Choreographer

Welcome to Golden Skate, Iceskatinggeek. :)

I think Lori Nicole did some of her best work with Michelle's short programs. Romanza, Rachmaninov, and Fate of Carmen are special favorites of mine. Perfect little gems.

Compared to LPs, IMHO a short program (back then) was like a sonnet. The metric structure is so rigid that you might think the poetry would suffer from being forced into the mold. But the way Lori worked it, the structure provided the perfect scaffolding.

I also thought her work for Sale and Pelletier from the same period was outstanding. Love Story, Tristan and Isolde and Orchid were three great programs in a row.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
it seems that alot of younger skaters are working with lori nicol. like at the US nationals, there were quite a few skaters with her as a choreographer..she seems to have a great influence, and i must say i think her best work was with Michelle in 1996 & 1998 when Michelle skated to Salome & Lyra Angelica..which programs do u think lori did best on??

I think that Salome was the perfect package for Michelle that year. I would have loved to see her re-do it later... maybe in 2002. Lyra Angelica was magical. I love that music.... and both of those programs were so original. you never see tha music being used all the time.

Kypma

Final Flight
Kind of off subject, but did Lori Nichol do Kimmie's LP this past season (2006-2007)? If so, that means she choreographed two programs to Galicie Flamanco (the name has slight variations, such as Galicia, Galicia, Flemenca, Flemenco, etc...) this season: Kimmie's LP and Jessica Dubé & Bryce Davison (CAN) 's SP this year. It's the same music, but two really different programs.

Kypma

(I just thought this was a neat fact, nothing more :yes: )

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
One more neat fact: Morozov choreographed her "Snowstorm" SP last season. Well....

Eeyora

Final Flight
I would have to go with Tarosova based on her work with Yagudin and Kulik.