Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Just after Marshalls I started rehearsals for Champions On Ice. They were tiring and very fast paced but we got the job done. I don't like my costumes for the group numbers at all! In the finale I am some kind of turkish raja and I have a harem of three girls and I wear a coat dress and turban. As if that isn't embarrassing enough, I have to "fist fight" with Evan Lysacek and I have to mock lose every night since he's James Bond. I know everyone wants to know if I've "accidentally" ***** slapped him yet, and I think we all know the answer to that.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

There was only one person I don't think I should have lost to, but when I thought about it, politically they needed to put him ahead of me so his country would have enough points to have three skaters next season.

Jeff Buttle, obviously. Canada didn't keep 3 guys for next year, though.

~Z

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
There was only one person I don't think I should have lost to, but when I thought about it, politically they needed to put him ahead of me so his country would have enough points to have three skaters next season.

Lysacek and Oda were the only skaters from a countries that earned three and who placed above Weir. Jeff Buttle skated last, so it was clear that the highest Emmanuel Sandhu could have placed was 15th, by itself too much to earn Canada three places, and with Mabee set to place 13th at worst, Canada would have earned two places if Buttle had placed 16th or lower in the free skate.

Of course Oda could have placed anywhere below Weir from 8th-11th and Japan would have earned three places, so it wasn't necessary for him to have placed above Weir. Lysacek, however, had he placed lower than Weir, would have, with Weir, earned 15 points, enough for two spots only.

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I too like that costume of his.
Not to compare to the last year's yellow outfit.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Lysacek and Oda were the only skaters from a countries that earned three and who placed above Weir. Jeff Buttle skated last, so it was clear that the highest Emmanuel Sandhu could have placed was 15th, by itself too much to earn Canada three places, and with Mabee set to place 13th at worst, Canada would have earned two places if Buttle had placed 16th or lower in the free skate.

Of course Oda could have placed anywhere below Weir from 8th-11th and Japan would have earned three places, so it wasn't necessary for him to have placed above Weir. Lysacek, however, had he placed lower than Weir, would have, with Weir, earned 15 points, enough for two spots only.

Who skated first? Would TPTB know, when scoring Evan, that placing Johnny higher would mean the US losing a spot on the men's event?

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
The U.S. guys barely saved 3 spots for next year themselves. I would have had Weir in 11th place for the Long Program. He's lucky that Alban Preaubert and Kristoffer Berntsson had bad Short Programs.

~Z

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
IMO, Weir really needs to listen to the email I sent him and start structuring his jumping passes better. He's not just making mistakes on the jumps...he's totally ignoring certain elements. Like the 3-jump combination. He definitely could have put a 2Toe/2Loop on the end of his Salchow but simply didn't. Things like this need to be thought about next season. He should use this jump layout next year:

3Axle/2Toe/2Loop
4Toe
3Axle
--------------
3Lutz/3Toe
3Loop
3Flip
3Lutz
3Sal/2Axle (sequence)

~Z

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

who??? this is going to drive me nuts!

Shortly after Worlds I performed in an event in Reading, Pennsylvania. It was the Marshall's something or other blah blah gala.

somthing or other? lol:rofl:

We have started throw triple axel but it is a little shaky. It is so difficult!

Huh? is this a joke or what? who is he throwing?

Well thanks for posting. i always forget to check his webpage and see what he is up to. I wonder what he will skate to next year. I think that the Mission woudl be a great choice for his style. I would LOVe to see him use that music.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist

We have started throw triple axel but it is a little shaky. It is so difficult!

Huh? is this a joke or what? who is he throwing?

I think that Rudy Galindo is throwing him -- Rudy is a two-time US pairs champ. I know they did a throw jump in last year's finale to COI.

So, who is harder to throw, Johnny or 99-pound Kristi Yamaguchi? :)

About the "Marshall's blah blah blah gala" -- OK, you're an iconoclast, but don't bite the hand that feeds you. Or does Johnny already have inside information that Marshall's plans to discontinue its sponsorship of figure skating next season?

Zanzibar

Final Flight
About the "Marshall's blah blah blah gala" -- OK, you're an iconoclast, but don't bite the hand that feeds you. Or does Johnny already have inside information that Marshall's plans to discontinue its sponsorship of figure skating next season?

Oh c'mon MM, lighten up just a teensy, weensy bit pwetty pwease!!??
I think it's hilarious - Johnny always nips at the hands that feed him - he's irreverent and in an ocean of skaters that swim silently with the tide....I love his ability to go against the flow. He was joking, making fun of the constantly changing and overly long names that Marshall's uses for its events...dunno - found it amusing myself (but then again, that could be because I'm a bit of a "beetch" ;) )

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Ah yes - "you know where".....which reminds me....why is no one discussing over here at Golden Skate the topics that have been hot-hot-hot all week over there? So much Russian drama and we're letting it go to waste...I worked very hard to quietly lead :yes: the conversation to eventually get it to naughty photos of that Russian singer..but nobody took the bait yet. Damn this off season :laugh:

Oh, we are so much above naughtiness and scandal over here at the Figure Skating is Serious Business board. (Start a thread.)

My problem with all this is that I just watch the skating as a Sport. I do read excuses for not doing well and sometimes I agree with them. In Johnny's case he did not skate a good LP. over and out.

And yes, there is no way a judge will know how he can put someone out of the addition for next year's entries.

After the top 13 have been picked for placement, there is little interest in the remainder of the results.

Joe

Kelly22

Rinkside
Ah yes - "you know where".....which reminds me....why is no one discussing over here at Golden Skate the topics that have been hot-hot-hot all week over there? So much Russian drama and we're letting it go to waste...I worked very hard to quietly lead :yes: the conversation to eventually get it to naughty photos of that Russian singer..but nobody took the bait yet. Damn this off season :laugh:

I'm bumping this thread up. Haven't been to the board in a while and LOVE drama, especially Russian drama, so Zanzibar...where do I go to find it? I have no idea where "you know where" is... and what about YKW possibly considering a return to eligible? :clap: