Mirai Nagasu

satorare

Match Penalty
Profile updated
http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=38572

Will compete as a junior internationally and as a senior nationally
SP Music: "I've Got Rhythm"; Free Skate Music: "Coppelia"

Biggest life-defining moment so far was her win at the 2007 U.S. Championships
If she could be on a TV show it would be Gakkou E Ikou MAX! and Bistro Smap!
Would like to meet Mao Asada and have Asada teach her the triple Axel
Listens to M-flo, Remioromen, Ciara and both Japanese and English music.
Favorite celebrities: Mao Asada and Michelle Kwan

Interesting...

flying camel

Medalist
Good for her. I am sure she will do really well along with Flatt.

I wonder if this is the first year she will be using Lori as choreographer.

layman

On the Ice
I think Mirai has an excellent chance of getting the 3-axel because her axel technique is so technically perfect and she gets a huge amount of spring and lift in her axel (just like Mao).

Mirai has beautiful artistry too...those daily ballet lessons really show in the beauty of her movements and the detail of her positions.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Profile updated
http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=38572

Will compete as a junior internationally and as a senior nationally
SP Music: "I've Got Rhythm"; Free Skate Music: "Coppelia"

Interesting...

I think that Coppelia is a good choice for her, but i wish that she would have gotten a more mature SP. i don't think that I Got Rhythm showed off her best assets... flexiblity and grace. I woud hae liked to see her try a more mature piece.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
It's quite a big possibility that 2 of the National Medalists next year won't even be elligible for Worlds. :frown2:

Also quite possible is that Alissa Czissny could finish 7th at Nationals (behind Kimmie, Emily, Flatt, Wager, Zhang, and Nagasu) and still go to Worlds. Wow.

EDIT: Although, Wagner is old enough to do Senior Worlds. Any word yet on if she's going to stay Junior or not for this season? Still, there is an overwhelming amount of talent in the field next year and someone could finish relatively low at Nationals and still find themselves on the World team.

~Z

Last edited:

satorare

Match Penalty
Lori Nichol is a expensive choice.
The choreographer's name affects the PCS to some extent.
It seems the USFSA is absolutely determined to keep her.

As for 3A, maybe the people around her can't teach.
If she really wants, how about going to Nagoya?
Even novice girls challenge 3A there.

flying camel

Medalist

I remember Lori doing some great numbers for Michelle but she did not work for Kimmie. Please don't use her anymore Kimmie!

mizu_iro

Final Flight
Profile updated
M-flo, Remioromen

Her musical taste is similar to mine :p

I like the fact that her two programs are different types of music like this past season. She does have beautiful line and positions, but she can also do an upbeat program with a lot of energy.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker

It does? What base value does having Nichol, Bezic, or Morozov attached to your program? Is that why no one goes to Kawahara, Petrenko (Nina), Canovas, Flowers, or Keszler?

doubleaxel

Rinkside
I can just imagine Mirai skating to El Tango de Roxanne or Nocturne. 0_o

I think "I've Got Rhythm" is okay for her since it fits her personality so much, and it is good to have two different types of programs (the bubbly SP and classy, elegant LP). However, I would like to see Mirai have a spunky, yet slower-paced SP. But I guess her choreographer/coach knows what's best for her.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I remember Lori doing some great numbers for Michelle but she did not work for Kimmie. Please don't use her anymore Kimmie!

As i metioned on the cheographers thread, i think that Lori's work with Kimmie was nothing special. I don't know if kimmie is the only one to blame here...... Lori has done great things, and some not so great. After all she's only human. She also did mao's czaras number.... also nothing special.

euterpe

Medalist
Didn't Lori Nichol choreograph for Miki Ando at one point? I don't think that worked out very well, either.

ks777

Record Breaker
Didn't Lori Nichol choreograph for Miki Ando at one point? I don't think that worked out very well, either.

No, Lori never choreographed Miki Ando. Miki's choreographers been Morozov, David Wilson and Zueva.

Nigel

On the Ice

IIRC....US ladies that Lori Nichol has most recently worked with
(06/07 season) include:
Meissner (LP), Flatt (SP), Hyatt (LP), R. Hughes, T. Firth.

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
IIRC....US ladies that Lori Nichol has most recently worked with
(06/07 season) include:
Meissner (LP), Flatt (SP), Kahle, Hyatt (LP), R. Hughes.

I actually liked Kahle's choreography this year. It seems every choreographer just doesn't work for everyone. I guess it is up to the skater to experiment and find what works for them.

Lori Nichol always tries to push young skaters to grow, sometimes in directions that pushes them out of their comfort zone. I think almost any skater can benefit from working with Nichol, although they might not appreciate it at the time.

Czardas challenged Mao Asada last year. I think she was constantly trying to catch up to the music and the choreography. Kimmie Meissner's program forced her willy-nilly to pay attention to details of presentation. In both cases I think the experiment will pay off in the long run.