Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kwan will be a judge in the Miss Universe pageant

Down With It

Kwan will be a judge in the Miss Universe pageant

yeah...

http://www.pr-inside.com/vanessa-min...to-r127826.htm

NEW YORK, May 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanessa Minnillo, "Entertainment Tonight" correspondent and former Miss Teen USA (1999), will join "Dancing With the Stars" semi-finalist and "Extra" weekend correspondent Mario Lopez, to co-host NBC'S broadcast of MISS UNIVERSE(R) 2007 live from the National Auditorium (Auditorio Nacional) in Mexico City, Mexico, on Monday, May 28 at 9:00p.m. ET/delayed PT.

Celebrity judges include NBC's "Heroes" James Kyson Lee, NBC's "Deal or No Deal" briefcase model Lindsay Clubine, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, rocker Dave Navarro, World and Olympic figure skating champion Michelle Kwan,
    celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves, fashion designer Marc Bouwer, "Project Runway" judge and Elle magazine fashion director Nina Garcia, and former Miss Universe (1993) Dayanara Torres.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Miss Universe an NBC TV production. Hmmmmm..... Michelle, NBC.... maybe we will see her commentating with Dick Button at Skate America and U.S. Nationals.

Down With It
    ah, not again...like I said on FSU, I don't think the two are connected. It's NBC entertainment, not NBC sports right? two different divisions...

I hope she doesn't commentate. Frankly I think she would be quite boring. Too careful, too nice, too "Paula Abdul".

eta: I know there will be a wave of disagreement and dissent when I say this but I actually like the excitement that Scott Hamilton brings when he does commentary. (Just a bit too much talking IMO). I hope they hire him. Button would make a good analyst but I find him a bit on the critical side to be a balanced commentator.
    Last edited by R.D.; 05-17-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Shoe Diva
    Yay!! I have added Ms. Universe to my PALM.... should be fun to watch... and while NBC Entertainment and NBC Sports are different divisions, please don't be surprised if Michelle does indeed become the face of US skating commentating w/ the move to NBC - espcially in the season leading up to the games...

Custom Title
    Mario Lopez? I hope Kwan takes her running shoes to the pageant so she can run far away from him.

please don't be surprised if Michelle does indeed become the face of US skating commentating w/ the move to NBC - espcially in the season leading up to the games.
    Well, she would have to also give up Disney which was the source for her millions. (Disney owns ABC)

Jimmy Hoffa - What do you know about Mario? I think on paper they'd make a cute couple although I hate cute.

Joe

Thanks for the link. I have not watched Ms. Universe since I was a kid. Definitely will watch to see Michelle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I hope she doesn't commentate. Frankly I think she would be quite boring. Too careful, too nice, too "Paula Abdul".
    Yeah, Paula Abdul without the drug habit. BUT she would be great hosting something like "Olympic Ice".

~Z

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    hmmmm. I am really surprised.... dosen't sound like somthing that Michelle would do. I hope that she has fun though. I guess that the Pagent is in the summer when Michelle isn't busy with her studies.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    ...and while NBC Entertainment and NBC Sports are different divisions, please don't be surprised if Michelle does indeed become the face of US skating commentating...
    Oh man, don't say it. Put her ANYWHERE, give her any position EXCEPT one in the booth!! But I bet they'll strive to get her in there for the ratings. I mean, people have already indicated that they would watch the broadcast just to see her ! even if they don't care about the actual competition.

I partially agree Z- while she would be a nice addition to an OI (or NI?) broadcast team, she doesn't show off her "fun" side. She's always come across to me as very "business-like".

The smart thing to do, IMO, would be to have her promote the event. At least that's what I would do if I were NBC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Jimmy Hoffa - What do you know about Mario? I think on paper they'd make a cute couple although I hate cute.
    In short, he'll go after anything in a skirt.

More specifically, his wife left him two weeks after their wedding and annulled their marriage because she found out he slept with a stripper at his bachelor party. He has been accused of rape, maybe more than once, I forget. He is said to be a real man-*****. (That blocked out word rhymes with store.) I know very little about Kwan's personal life, but I hope she would not give him the time of day because he would be done with her by Monday. I assume she is still with what's-his-face from Denver and I hope she wouldn't cheat on him.

If Kwan and Lopez coupled up, the cuteness would be in looks only.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post
    In short, he'll go after anything in a skirt.

More specifically, his wife left him two weeks after their wedding and annulled their marriage because she found out he slept with a stripper at his bachelor party. He has been accused of rape, maybe more than once, I forget. He is said to be a real man-*****. (That blocked out word rhymes with store.) I know very little about Kwan's personal life, but I hope she would not give him the time of day because he would be done with her by Monday. I assume she is still with what's-his-face from Denver and I hope she wouldn't cheat on him.

If Kwan and Lopez coupled up, the cuteness would be in looks only.
    Hmmm...

It sound like "Slater" (Mario) has certainly come a long way from his "Saved By The Bell" days... ick!!

Michelle, run/skate the other way...fast!
    Last edited by nubka; 05-18-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Hmmm...

I sound like "Slater" (Mario) has certainly come a long way from his "Saved By The Bell" days... ick!!

Michelle, run/skate the other way...fast!
    Maybe, she's going because Mario's face looks like a good place for her to practice her jumps. Seriously, I think that one reason she might be doing this is that the pageant is in Mexico, and, the work won't be so difficult that she can't combine it with a free vacation.

Down With It
    Well, what about his female co-host? Assuming they are not a couple, shouldn't she be more "concerned"? the judges will probably be sitting at some bench somewhere. GO figure...

Jimmy, wow! I never thought of Mario as a womanizer. Well that will make the teaming up less cute. Now I have to watch this thing.
    Do they still do talent (or talentless)?

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast