View Poll Results: Who is the best jumper? (choose one lady and one man please)

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yuna Kim

63 47.01%
  • Mao Asada

47 35.07%
  • Miki Ando

15 11.19%
  • Brian Joubert

37 27.61%
  • Kimmie Meissner

6 4.48%
  • Diasuke Takahashi

22 16.42%
  • Emily Hughes

1 0.75%
  • Alissa Csziny

3 2.24%
  • Yukari Nakano

0 0%
  • Sarah Meir

1 0.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite jumper?

On the Ice

Who is your favorite jumper?

I was looking at the polls, and decided to make one about jumping!

What if they aren't listed? Do we have to choose from only the ones listed? - Which is totally acceptable if I do, just if it is those listed or "all time" best IMO?

Ito? Harding? Plushy? applicable?
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 05-18-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Yu-Na Kim. She can make anything look gorgeous.

I was disappointed Plushy wasn't there (quad lutz attempts, anyone? 4-3-3's??).

Banned
    Other. Carolina Kostner has the most gorgeous jumps ever. I loved her triple flip-triple toe from the SP at Worlds this year. Such tight, fast rotation, and she gets both incredible height and great distance on both jumps, as well as incredible flow and speed out of both jumps. I know her nerves sometimes get the best of her but when she is on, she is great. I think the double axel is a bit of a problem jump for her so I can understand why she wouldn't go for the triple axel but does anyone know if she's ever tried quads? She has such neat, tight jumps with great height, I'd think she might be capable of quads. Not that I think she needs them, nor do I wish for her to get injured trying, I'm just wondering.

Carolina had done clean 3-3-3's, I don't know about quads. ^

Custom Title
    Can't decide. There are so many good jumpers. Among ladies, I like Mao's lightness and fast rotation, Miki's powerfulness, Yu-na's speed, and Carolina's speed and distance. Among men, I like Jubert's very secure quads, Stephane's precision, and Jeff's beautiful lutz.

I've just watched Ms. Midori Ito. Her jumps were unbelievably HUGE and looked as if they had been even higher than men's jumps (I don't know if it's partly because she was so short). So I would vote for Ms. Midori Ito

Midori Ito 3A-3T
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wCqJmwQRA

Midori Ito 1992 Jalousie Espana Cani NHK Cup SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPlMwqh0pY
    3A + 2T. Look so easy and secure.

Midori Ito 1992 Olympics LP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7u0IdPBQIA
    3A during the last minite of the performance after making several mistakes. Very moving moment.

Midori Ito 1993 World Pro "Rose of Pain"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dg3jlLS9W4
    Beautiful 3A, and better skating and artistry. She seemed have lost weight a lot, too
    Last edited by morninglight; 05-24-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Since I went to world championship here in Tokyo. I fell in love with miki Ando's jump. Exquisitely high, hugh and powerful.
    Triple Lutz-Triple Loop took my beath away

On the Ice
    Nobunari Oda by far.

From ladies: Midori Ito for height and power, Mao Asada for lightness and "hanging time" in the air. I also like Miki's powerful jumps and Shizuka's - smooth and effortless.

On the Ice
    I cannot call the skater without 3Lo combo Jumper.
    So I want to vote for Miki, Mao, and Carolina

But Caro is not on the list!!:banging:

Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03 View Post
    Other. Carolina Kostner has the most gorgeous jumps ever. I loved her triple flip-triple toe from the SP at Worlds this year. Such tight, fast rotation, and she gets both incredible height and great distance on both jumps, as well as incredible flow and speed out of both jumps. I know her nerves sometimes get the best of her but when she is on, she is great. I think the double axel is a bit of a problem jump for her so I can understand why she wouldn't go for the triple axel but does anyone know if she's ever tried quads? She has such neat, tight jumps with great height, I'd think she might be capable of quads. Not that I think she needs them, nor do I wish for her to get injured trying, I'm just wondering.
    I would agree with everything you say about Carolina except the height - i find her jumps to be on the low side for an elite ladies skater but her jumps cover much more distance - they are low and long which allows her to get the rotation in. Her flow into and out of them are generally very good too.

Ant

When she's on, she does jumps of great quality, fully rotated , fast and "long", but they're not extremely high, so I'm quite sure she never tried quads or 3axel, and I really think she will not need it.
    Carolina as well as Yu-Na only needs to skate at her best.

(And I'm so in love with Caro's 3loop introduced by a 3 turn )

Czisny

Alissa Czisny, for when she does land her jumps, her landings are more elegant then any other skater, passing my all time favorite Sasha's landings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I would agree with everything you say about Carolina except the height - i find her jumps to be on the low side for an elite ladies skater but her jumps cover much more distance - they are low and long which allows her to get the rotation in. Her flow into and out of them are generally very good too.

Ant
    I don't see how her jumps can be considered low for an elite skater. Low, that would be Tara Lipinski (super fast rotations but not a lot of height), Sasha Cohen (another quick rotator but she doesn't go very high), Caroline Zhang, maybe Kwan in her later years. Carolina gets much more height than any of those ladies. At least in the competitions I've seen her in. I admit, I've not seen everything she's ever skated so maybe I'm biased based on the competitions I have seen. BUt check out her SP from 2007 Worlds, all of her jumps had incredible height.

Custom Title
    As far as I know, Carolina has successfully practiced a 4sal when she was 15/16.
    I have seen this girl practice and her jumps look so neat and clean. She does the most amazing combinations - 2axel/half loop/3sal/3l, 3f/3t/3l, 3lz/3t,...they all looked so easy. If she can somehow show that in competition someday...
    Last edited by jiggs; 05-26-2007 at 08:13 PM.

Skating Freak Barbie
    There's only 2 men listed?!

Lady: Ando
    Man: Oda

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast