Who is your favorite jumper? | Golden Skate

Who is your favorite jumper?

Who is the best jumper? (choose one lady and one man please)

• Yuna Kim

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • Mao Asada

Votes: 47 35.3%
  • Miki Ando

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Brian Joubert

Votes: 37 27.8%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Diasuke Takahashi

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Emily Hughes

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Alissa Csziny

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Yukari Nakano

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sarah Meir

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What if they aren't listed? Do we have to choose from only the ones listed? - Which is totally acceptable if I do, just if it is those listed or "all time" best IMO?

Ito? Harding? Plushy? applicable?

Last edited:

doubleaxel

Rinkside
Yu-Na Kim. She can make anything look gorgeous.

I was disappointed Plushy wasn't there (quad lutz attempts, anyone? 4-3-3's??).

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Other. Carolina Kostner has the most gorgeous jumps ever. I loved her triple flip-triple toe from the SP at Worlds this year. Such tight, fast rotation, and she gets both incredible height and great distance on both jumps, as well as incredible flow and speed out of both jumps. I know her nerves sometimes get the best of her but when she is on, she is great. I think the double axel is a bit of a problem jump for her so I can understand why she wouldn't go for the triple axel but does anyone know if she's ever tried quads? She has such neat, tight jumps with great height, I'd think she might be capable of quads. Not that I think she needs them, nor do I wish for her to get injured trying, I'm just wondering.

morninglight

On the Ice
Can't decide. There are so many good jumpers. Among ladies, I like Mao's lightness and fast rotation, Miki's powerfulness, Yu-na's speed, and Carolina's speed and distance. Among men, I like Jubert's very secure quads, Stephane's precision, and Jeff's beautiful lutz.

I've just watched Ms. Midori Ito. Her jumps were unbelievably HUGE and looked as if they had been even higher than men's jumps (I don't know if it's partly because she was so short). So I would vote for Ms. Midori Ito:clap:

Midori Ito 3A-3T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wCqJmwQRA

Midori Ito 1992 Jalousie Espana Cani NHK Cup SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPlMwqh0pY
3A + 2T. Look so easy and secure.

Midori Ito 1992 Olympics LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7u0IdPBQIA
3A during the last minite of the performance after making several mistakes. Very moving moment.

Midori Ito 1993 World Pro "Rose of Pain"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dg3jlLS9W4
Beautiful 3A, and better skating and artistry. She seemed have lost weight a lot, too:)

Last edited:

kandidy

Final Flight
Since I went to world championship here in Tokyo. I fell in love with miki Ando's jump. Exquisitely high, hugh and powerful.:clap:
Triple Lutz-Triple Loop took my beath away

z4mboni

Rinkside
Nobunari Oda by far.

From ladies: Midori Ito for height and power, Mao Asada for lightness and "hanging time" in the air. I also like Miki's powerful jumps and Shizuka's - smooth and effortless.

tagmats

Rinkside
I cannot call the skater without 3Lo combo Jumper.
So I want to vote for Miki, Mao, and Carolina:biggrin:

But Caro is not on the list!!:banging:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Other. Carolina Kostner has the most gorgeous jumps ever. I loved her triple flip-triple toe from the SP at Worlds this year. Such tight, fast rotation, and she gets both incredible height and great distance on both jumps, as well as incredible flow and speed out of both jumps. I know her nerves sometimes get the best of her but when she is on, she is great. I think the double axel is a bit of a problem jump for her so I can understand why she wouldn't go for the triple axel but does anyone know if she's ever tried quads? She has such neat, tight jumps with great height, I'd think she might be capable of quads. Not that I think she needs them, nor do I wish for her to get injured trying, I'm just wondering.

I would agree with everything you say about Carolina except the height - i find her jumps to be on the low side for an elite ladies skater but her jumps cover much more distance - they are low and long which allows her to get the rotation in. Her flow into and out of them are generally very good too.

Ant

eleonora.d

On the Ice
When she's on, she does jumps of great quality, fully rotated , fast and "long", but they're not extremely high, so I'm quite sure she never tried quads or 3axel, and I really think she will not need it.
Carolina as well as Yu-Na only needs to skate at her best.

(And I'm so in love with Caro's 3loop introduced by a 3 turn :):) )

pista04

On the Ice
Czisny

Alissa Czisny, for when she does land her jumps, her landings are more elegant then any other skater, passing my all time favorite Sasha's landings.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I would agree with everything you say about Carolina except the height - i find her jumps to be on the low side for an elite ladies skater but her jumps cover much more distance - they are low and long which allows her to get the rotation in. Her flow into and out of them are generally very good too.

Ant

I don't see how her jumps can be considered low for an elite skater. Low, that would be Tara Lipinski (super fast rotations but not a lot of height), Sasha Cohen (another quick rotator but she doesn't go very high), Caroline Zhang, maybe Kwan in her later years. Carolina gets much more height than any of those ladies. At least in the competitions I've seen her in. I admit, I've not seen everything she's ever skated so maybe I'm biased based on the competitions I have seen. BUt check out her SP from 2007 Worlds, all of her jumps had incredible height.

jiggs

On the Ice
As far as I know, Carolina has successfully practiced a 4sal when she was 15/16.
I have seen this girl practice and her jumps look so neat and clean. She does the most amazing combinations - 2axel/half loop/3sal/3l, 3f/3t/3l, 3lz/3t,...they all looked so easy. If she can somehow show that in competition someday...

Last edited:

satorare

Match Penalty
I say women without 3Lo and men without 3A(not in this list) don't deserve to be called the "jumper".

(Of course I'm talking about Kim and Lambiel)

Last edited:

leode

Rinkside
Voted for Takahashi and Mao Asada, Takahashi is practicing 4F now. From today's interview on TV, Mao said that she is trying to jump 3A twice for free program. That'll be amazing!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I said Mao.. because he jumps are huge and they look so easy... not to mention what she is capabe of doing.

Kasey

Medalist
I say women without 3Lo and men without 3A(not in this list) don't deserve to be called the "jumper".

(Of course I'm talking about Kim and Lambiel)

Well then, Mao Asada, who doesn't do 3T or 3S, shouldn't be on here either, should she?