Votes: 37 11.2%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

dollee

Rinkside
I think Alexei Yagudin and Kurt Browning are best among both of men and women.
Of the above women's list separately, I like the one of Michelle Kwan's 'Aranjuez' in 2003 worlds and Yu-Na Kim's 'El Tango De Roxane' in 2007 worlds.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
By far Kurt Browning is teh best ever!!!!

Yuka Sato would be my second choice... but she's pretty far off the best ;)

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Another vote for Kurt, with Scott Hamilton a very close second. I can't believe Scott wasn't among the choices in the poll!

On the ladies' side, no one has yet to match Yuka in the footwork department, IMO.

beancake

Spectator
Undoubtedly, Kurt Browning is the BEST.

However, yagudin, Jeff buttle and Takahashi also have fantastic step sequences.:clap:

Especially Jeff's footwork in the last season's LP(The ararat) was ABSOULTELY fantastic, even though he had a lot of mistakes on the other parts...T_T

Last edited:
I liked Kwan's footwork over the years. I just saw her Carmen SP from what year? and she was dynamic, but at that time, no hip problems.

I believe footwork was relegated to the back room of the technical idea of skating until Alexi came on with his toe raking moves to a very bravura piece of music. Since then, footwork has garnered a big place in the technical idea of skating.

Aside from Alexei and Michelle, I do think it is Kurt's domain as the most expressive and consistent novel footwork if figure skating. It's probably because he is the choreographer of his own footwork and does not need Morozov.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I believe footwork was relegated to the back room of the technical idea of skating until Alexi came on with his toe raking moves to a very bravura piece of music. Since then, footwork has garnered a big place in the technical idea of skating.

Joe

I would say that before him was Candeloro with his D´Artagnan footwork of the season 1997-1998 that really got the audiences enthusiastic. Although their footwork was very showy, I would not describe those footworks as impressive in being difficult, in the techncal idea of skating.

To my untrained eye Plushenko´s footwork has looked about the same during many, many years, but the CoP-judges have seemed to appreciate it, haven´t they? That of Yagudin though was considered to be level 1 a couple of years ago as he was facing the CoP-judges in Japan....

Last edited:

stevlin

On the Ice
Yagudin? lol No way! My vote for Browning.

I agree, Kurt Browning is the King of fancy footwork. But I've been checking out the footwork of jeffrey Buttle and I was simply amazed. His footwork and transitions blew me away. he is so elegant these days and has become my favorite non pro skater. He also is so cute. I hope he gets all the jumps now that he has been training hard, working out, put on 5 pounds of muscle, etc. He is also back with the blonde hair. He has the most lovely smile too. :yes:

M

mars

Man - Kurt Browning
Lady - Yuko Sato

Currently
Lady - Mao Asada
Man - Jeffrey Buttle

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agh! How can you not include Stephane Lambiel, Diasuke Takahashi, and Jeffrey Buttle? Their footwork is sublime - the best of today's current eligible men!

Grgranny's Baby

Rinkside
I had a hard time deciding between Kurt Browning and Alexi Yagudin. But my favorite footwork has always been that of Scott Hamilton.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Scott's footwork always had such joy and FUN... but even he gives the vote to Kurt for best footwork... ;)

:love: them both though!

stevlin

On the Ice
Jeffrey Buttle

Jeff has the best footwork. He is amazing on the ice. His feet are constantly doing something beautiful.:clap:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
That one was easy. Of the ones listed, Kurt hands down (or is it "feet" down) 42

yoyoyogi

Rinkside
Kurt Browning and Yuka Sato. But then foot work was interesting when they were competing, nowadays footwork is boring: it all looks more or less the same, there is rarely anything quick. The skating skills are impressive but the need to choreograph for th CoP has significantly limited the choreographic boundaries.